World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit B/island b/water again as its nice and handy + i dont drive. using frozen down razor and clam tonight thats had a dooking in sardine oil and mussel juice.
Just the one bite that hauled the float under and resulted in a small codling of about say 10oz.
Thats 3 trips here with codling each time so things are looking good. Although the codling are not huge (biggest last week 1lb 8oz) they give a good scrap on light tackle.
Saw the same person twice down here within a few days who was fishing just along from me. Has a red transit van and looks like he had his wife/partner with him.
If your on here m8 sorry for not coming over, but i just like to get the head down and get in the zone, lol.
Again the bite came at dusk, just about bang on 9pm (fished 7-9.30pm).

I know its not a great session, but it got me out and managed to avoid the blank.

Be back next week with fresh bait so watch this space.....:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Findus

Nice to see you are catching something. Was gonna give the b/water a go on saturday (over to see the aunt and uncle) but never got a chance. Do you fish by the warehouse / shed?

Cheers
Blenny

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohhhhh another Codling :clap3:
Thought they'd be well gone by now :unsure:
Aye Dave another one lol- that will be the spring run on now, with most of the fish around the 12oz mark.
Another month and the wrasse will be here in great numbers.

Hello Blenny- yes , fishing in front of blue warehouse and either side will produce.
dont cast too far though, either floatfish in the kelp or rocks or simply lob out a few yards past when ledgering.
This is not a place for beachcasters and tripods up at the wall (anglers choice of course) far better to scale down a bit and get close to the water and in about these kelp beds.
Once past the kelp here its just sand, so the further you cast, the further away you are from the natural habitat and cover of fish. You will catch some species further out, but nothing thats gonna bend over a beachcaster.( somebody will prove me wrong here i just know it) lol.

Good luck if you give it a go..... kc

·
Registered
423 Posts
Haha that was always my mistake - the few times i've fished there. Heard that you really need to fish tight in or amongst the kelp. Next time i'm through i'll give it a shot - not as productive as the east nuek but an hour nearer to me.

Do you get alot of wrasse around that area then?

Thanks for the info.
Blenny

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha that was always my mistake - the few times i've fished there. Heard that you really need to fish tight in or amongst the kelp. Next time i'm through i'll give it a shot - not as productive as the east nuek but an hour nearer to me.

Do you get alot of wrasse around that area then?

Thanks for the info.
Blenny
Aye Blenny- come the summer months the place is alive with wrasse from 4oz- 3lb+. Also some nice pollack can be had nearer the middle and toward the harbour end .
Small saithe averaging 3oz-8oz keep the rod busy, and mackerel are always about from late june through to september.
Fishing into darkness always best for the codling. Have started using a beta-lite next to the bait after dark and it seems to work a treat, although it could be just a coincidence (further proof needed i think) but it certainly does'nt put them off.:) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts