World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,090 Posts
Assuming you have got pressure in the tank it sonds like either the link to the generator is off or the generator itself has had it. In my experience the generators dont last long.

· Registered
5,396 Posts
Mine started doing that at the end of last year, I perservered and when it finally lit I was horrified to see the juice leaking down the pipe that leads to the mantle, I exstinguished it but it continuied to flame. Blue powder fire exstinguisher was aired and all made safe, not touched the thing since, they make a pretty convincing bomb if you think about it ! My sportster cooker did the same thing at the start of the year so they are both sat in the garden until I find someone who can look at them.
I have had Colman gear for years but have changed to battery lamps and gas canister cookers, lost faith in the flaming bombs now ! LOL

· Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Assuming you have got pressure in the tank it sonds like either the link to the generator is off or the generator itself has had it. In my experience the generators dont last long.
yes there is pressure in the tank. im going to buy a new genny and see how it goes. does the pump oil need topping up or changing at all?????

· Registered
2,106 Posts
Mine started doing that at the end of last year, I perservered and when it finally lit I was horrified to see the juice leaking down the pipe that leads to the mantle, I exstinguished it but it continuied to flame. Blue powder fire exstinguisher was aired and all made safe, not touched the thing since, they make a pretty convincing bomb if you think about it ! My sportster cooker did the same thing at the start of the year so they are both sat in the garden until I find someone who can look at them.
I have had Colman gear for years but have changed to battery lamps and gas canister cookers, lost faith in the flaming bombs now ! LOL
sal if you want the best cooker in the game get a trangia storm, light in a force ten impossible to knock over quick to boil water lightweight its the biz
uses meths comes with cookset built to last a lifetime absolutely no working parts
to break great wee heater in a tent or shelter also

whole lot folds up into itself and its as light as a feather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.