World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie this time, got to the beach at porthcawl at 10.30am,

started off at the bay with the sewage pipe then wandered and chucked lures at every likely looking spot i could find, water was a bit coloured but the waves looked bassy, tried poppers, shallow divers and surface lures, but nothing happening, worked my way down to porthcawl pier where i met Mr gerwyn2 (?) he pointed out a nice little rock, where just after the turn i put on the ol' flying C and within five casts i had this little fella,

followed by two of his brothers,, okay, i didn't find their daddy, but at least i didn't blank, and theres always tomorrow,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..:punk:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mosseydog, i had to postpone the mulleting on monday as the bait shop had run out of worm, then yesterday my daughter brought my grandson up to see me, and this morning i fancied a bit of rockhopping, but i've made a load of spinners up now (removed weights from mepps and replaced with beads) so shall be going on friday,, may go after the bass again tomorrow whilst the weather is still good,, Marc..

·
Registered
840 Posts
Good luck when you go, I've rigged some spinners/spoons to try with softbaits after reading one of Zeebaars posts
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185418
For the smaller spoons I've got a selection of small SP worms inc. these from AGM
http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/realistic-worm-natural-4pcs-p-984.html
Gotta be worth a go,

Good luck with the rest of the week, I'm now tied up till the 13th:cry:, but watch out for the second half of the month, Fishing & Camping with my kids, hopefully get a few then

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice to see you catching - a biggie soon methinks.

Just thought - you were at Porthcawl at 10:30am which was about an hour before low tide if I'm right?

May have to give that a go. Only been out on about the last 3 hours coming in and still not a bean (or bass).

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well done on the sesh marc it will not be long before you hit a biggy i am sure m8 did u try it out
Yeah Deejay,, i tried where you said, but there wasn't alot of depth there (low tide), but it did look very bassy, with lots of white water, i think the breakers were bringing my lures in a bit too quick though, but it was great fun watching the old sluggos coming through the rocks and weed, (they do look tasty in the water dont they?) speak to you soon mucca,, Marc..:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.