World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents ,
This report is a day or two late, arrived at the venue and was fishing about 6.30 pm. It was a Starlight night without a breath of wind to talk about. The sea was as smooth as a baby's bum and all in all a very pleasant evening, Fresh lug and frozen mackerel was on the menu cast out on 3/0 pulley pennel and a size 1 two hook flapper. The pattern was as before with a few small whiting showing first the the hoards of dogs as soon as there was enough water for them to scavenge the bottom.
In an attempt to avoid the dogs I started casting very short, underarm to be precise this resulted in more dogs but smaller lol but I also had a pollack about 3/4 lb and a decent dab so not all bad. Between me and my mate Fulf, the end result was about 20 + dogs, a rockling, dab, and a dozen whiting three were keepers. Great evening to be fishing, far from being packed there was plenty of spaces.
onwards and upwards gents.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great write up....good you had the weather with you too....few species and a decent session...well done....salty

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not exactly setting the fishing world on fire but it was good to be out of the house

1 - 10 of 10 Posts