World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got down to fish at about 8 the water was calm no wind, perfect weather for the thornies so me creedy and justin set up i put a plain lead on and had a few practice casts then cracked on using just peelers fresh and frozen.it started off slow i had a few bites but no fish i went over to talk to creedy about nine to find him reeling in i could see a bend in the rod and he said yep im in he managed the first fish off the night a hound just over 2lb loverly not what we had expected but great.i went back over to my rod hoping but still nothing so put two crabs on a nice big bait cast out and left it still the odd nibble but no fish.at 12: 20 ish i was standing there eyes glued then bang my rod was pulled to the left i grabbed it started reeling in great i was in at last i could feel a lot of thump thump and the rod was of in all directions i knew it was not a thornie and something with a bit of size(thought maybee a bass )i had a good fight in then i saw the fin like a shark it was another hound 6.lb14 my personal best thats the second this week.we carried on fishing soon after justins rod was going another hound 6.2 whilst justin was reeling in his other rod went (jammy) a thornie about 4.5lb about 2 oclock justin said rite last cast for me and pulled in a little bass just under a pound and off justin went . me and creedy stayed at 2 15 am it was creedys turn a hound 7.2lb then to finish off the nite i had a common hound under1lb what a nite had some proper fishing them hounds they do run and when they do its great fun :clap3:

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
well done mate, gonna have to se if I can get somne crabs and join you guys for a session, if you're up for it

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
well done WERE WAS YOU FISHING THO?

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prob wont be going now till next weekend got work but if i get out will let you know meeting new people and going fishing why not:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well as leadbeater as told everyone what happened just thought i would add some pics, also the hound u see me holding had about 3-4 yards of gill net attached to it i had to cut the hound free and it had gashed the the fish about 2inchs deep ither side of his neck, kept trying to get him back but he eventulyy died it a real same, they are such a good fish and should be looked after it looked like he had had that net on him for sometime, it was bleeding really bad and was amased how this hard fighting hound was still alive for so long, all its internals were hanging out og its neck, its really made me think about the damage nets do to fish, but still it went for the crab bait amaszing really!!!!!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Nice hounds. Shame about the one that was caught up in the net.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
so where exactly do you fish at Minnis, we don't fish there but got crabs and we're gonna go down tonight for a bash, seems to be the place to go at the moment

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i will be there again tonight mate with just again hopefully find somemore winds going to be a real pain in the arse but we will get a few out hopefully, not going to give any spots away just yet mate

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
i will be there again tonight mate with just again hopefully find somemore winds going to be a real pain in the arse but we will get a few out hopefully, not going to give any spots away just yet mate
no worries mate, did we talk to you last night, we were just past the beach huts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts