World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived on the beach behind the what was the 2 boats now it's3. 2.30pm plenty of time till low tide around 5.15. Set up camp and went for a wander down the beach. Blokes next to me had tents set up guest they had been there all night, had a good chat with them on the merits of Ting fishing.

Big news was that a bloke down the beach had a 4.5lb bass and a 5.5lb cod. They didn't see it and the bloke who told them hadn't seen it and so it goes on.

Anyway back to the fishing, put the first rod out early 3.45 whole squid on a 4 hook pennell just to say I had something in the water,spent the next hour or so making rigs and tidying my box out.

17.00 put the other rod out two hook wire boomed rig with size 2 hooks loaded with lug, straight into the ting.

21.45 High tide is approaching the adrenalin is pumping hands start to shake, (could be the DTs). I can hear a boat approaching and there it was trawling 100 yards off the beach then another, and another. Four boats in total coasting up and down for a good hour. I know they have to make a living but!!!!

Should have packed up then, gone to the pub to get drunk & find a good B&B, dose anyone Know one.

Anyway kept lines in the water 'till 2.30 using up bait and still hopeful.

FINAL SCORE Whiting City 43- Bass & Cod United 0

I THINK I'LL PACK IT IN NOW 'TILL OCTOBER.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

One of the little s*ds had half a squid in it's mouth put that one on the scale came in at 1lb 1oz.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
a little bird told me the 4 trawlers you saw working in front of you were trying to help thin out all thoes whiteing for us wsf members arfter reading on hear how they were spoiling our chances of a few cod mined you this bird did have ginger hair :drunk::drunk:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry forgot to say thanks to the guy who gave me a hand to put my shelter up, if he's on here. It was a bit blowy. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts