World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every body. I won't bore you to tears with the whole story but in a nutshell I am going fishing again after an absence of 18 years!

I injured my back I put on weight (a lot of) and my Doc gave me 3 years max unless I do something NOW!

I have always loved sea fishing and went with my Brother Tim, just about every weekend from Croydon to Dungy or Langney, or the Warren, Folkstone, Beachy head, Pevensey & with horses etc, etc......It was always a double overnighter......Arrive at beach friday night, fish all night, then fish Saturday and then Saturday night obviously the odd break for a whiskey with some coffee in it, and some fish tasting sandwhiches.

Anyway we had a few blanks and it was after another blank that we Tim & myself wandered into Tony's Tackle in the morning followed by 3 guys holding a bass each which were all over 9lbs, the best 11lb 3oz 2dr. I just looked at Tony & said "What are we doing wrong"? All 3 of the guys with bass all had rods with the name Zziplex on them. Now I know you don't catch fish by having a better rod BUT, if you had the best materials to fish with, you could only blame yourself yes?

Well I oredered there and then a brand new Zziplex 2500lm. (I still have that rod) I took casting lessons and had some lessons by Tony himself and with the one and only Terry Carroll, later some lessons by Neil Mackellow. ( I really hope he is ok right now).

Anyway back to now. (My fantastic Brother died 18 years ago, he was just 45, which is the real reason I haven't been fishing for so long.........just couldn't do it, ..........I really miss him). I moved to Littlehampton and have just bought a brand new Daiwa Tournament Surf rod (feels like you can't bend it at all) and a new Zziplex HSM. Now I don't know much about this area fishing wise but I know it is very shallow water around these parts.

Anyway. I'm sorry to have gone on a bit but it is just a way of introducing myself and hoping maybe to meet some anglers along the way. I think just for the hell of it I'll make my first couple of trips fairly local, but fully intend to really get going and catch some bloody fish!

Thanks for listening folks and who knows, maybe I'll see some of you guys on the beach.

Cheers

Simon.

Attachments

WSF Primary Administrator.
Simon, Welcome to WSF :)

Registered
Hello every body. I won't bore you to tears with the whole story but in a nutshell I am going fishing again after an absence of 18 years!

I injured my back I put on weight (a lot of) and my Doc gave me 3 years max unless I do something NOW!

I have always loved sea fishing and went with my Brother Tim, just about every weekend from Croydon to Dungy or Langney, or the Warren, Folkstone, Beachy head, Pevensey & with horses etc, etc......It was always a double overnighter......Arrive at beach friday night, fish all night, then fish Saturday and then Saturday night obviously the odd break for a whiskey with some coffee in it, and some fish tasting sandwhiches.

Anyway we had a few blanks and it was after another blank that we Tim & myself wandered into Tony's Tackle in the morning followed by 3 guys holding a bass each which were all over 9lbs, the best 11lb 3oz 2dr. I just looked at Tony & said "What are we doing wrong"? All 3 of the guys with bass all had rods with the name Zziplex on them. Now I know you don't catch fish by having a better rod BUT, if you had the best materials to fish with, you could only blame yourself yes?

Well I oredered there and then a brand new Zziplex 2500lm. (I still have that rod) I took casting lessons and had some lessons by Tony himself and with the one and only Terry Carroll, later some lessons by Neil Mackellow. ( I really hope he is ok right now).

Anyway back to now. (My fantastic Brother died 18 years ago, he was just 45, which is the real reason I haven't been fishing for so long.........just couldn't do it, ..........I really miss him). I moved to Littlehampton and have just bought a brand new Daiwa Tournament Surf rod (feels like you can't bend it at all) and a new Zziplex HSM. Now I don't know much about this area fishing wise but I know it is very shallow water around these parts.

Anyway. I'm sorry to have gone on a bit but it is just a way of introducing myself and hoping maybe to meet some anglers along the way. I think just for the hell of it I'll make my first couple of trips fairly local, but fully intend to really get going and catch some bloody fish!

Thanks for listening folks and who knows, maybe I'll see some of you guys on the beach.

Cheers

Simon.
Welcome aboard m8 happy fishing

Registered
Hello and welcome, like jack jock says take it easy to start with, might be worth trying to buddy up with someone local to go with for a bit of knowledge of best marks in your area, be safe good luck tight lines.:BigGrin:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, Seriously guys thanks for the warm welcome. Am planning my first trip to the beach in the next couple of weeks, will keep my eye on the tides & keep it local to start with. Anyone got any ideas on the Littlehampton area for a nights fishing? Heard the estuary can be good but has a strong tide and lots of weed. The weed I could do without. Or I could try Bognor......the western end where it's easy to park maybe. Anayway thanks again and I will report any catches (he says laughing to himself).

Banned
Welcome m8 only only been fishing there once and my brother in law reeled a diver in lol. The diver fought well for 20 mins but the brother in law landed him

Premium Member
Welcome Simon best of luck with getting back into Sea fishing, check out the South Coast & CI Catch Reports Forums maybe some help there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts