World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....well, the water actually. Which led me to anxiously answering phone calls from Andy's and Steves, on my spare phone which has no phone book, and saying.... "so which Andy are you"?
Almost caused a lifeboat launching in losing it. I was on the phone to Geordie Si at the time, standing in the bottom of the Adur. I looked round and saw the rising tide was engulfing my tackle. "Hang on a minute Si, were drowning" were the last words uttered on the phone. Then he heard splash, and could get through no more...........

Anyhow, the purpose of this, Could everyone whom I have communications with PM me their numbers again........ (Puddles, I would be honoured for your number to be on my phone also..... :) )

P

·
0 Posts
.....well, the water actually. Which led me to anxiously answering phone calls from Andy's and Steves, on my spare phone which has no phone book, and saying.... "so which Andy are you"?
Almost caused a lifeboat launching in losing it. I was on the phone to Geordie Si at the time, standing in the bottom of the Adur. I looked round and saw the rising tide was engulfing my tackle. "Hang on a minute Si, were drowning" were the last words uttered on the phone. Then he heard splash, and could get through no more...........

Anyhow, the purpose of this, Could everyone whom I have communications with PM me their numbers again........ (Puddles, I would be honoured for your number to be on my phone also..... :) )
i would like to rob...but iv'e just had to order a new phone,as mine
has gone up the creek..lol
will pm you with my new one when it come!...if your a good boy..:kissing: i'll give you mine if you give me yours!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Your making a habit of losing your phone! Back up your phone book on your PC and update it regulary, will save you alot of hastle. Just sent you a text......

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
I killed my phone last week as well when water came over the top of my waders on a flat calm day, it's taught me not to push my luck with how deep I wade :bangin:

Try drying it out in the airing cupboard for 2-4 days with its back off and battery out. Works sometimes especially if you leave it long enough, doesn't seem to work as well if the phones gone in saltwater as it does with freshwater or beer though and hasn't worked with mine!!!

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Gary and I were debating if any of your tackle was worth having while we looked over the bridge for your body on the way to Selsey last night.

We decided there wasn't. Pleased your alive, you still owe me £5.

ps. Set a new PB worm hunting tonight. 18.5 score now safely in the freezer with "reserved for Mr Wintercod" on the bag.

P

·
0 Posts
Gary and I were debating if any of your tackle was worth having while we looked over the bridge for your body on the way to Selsey last night.

We decided there wasn't. Pleased your alive, you still owe me £5.

ps. Set a new PB worm hunting tonight. 18.5 score now safely in the freezer with "reserved for Mr Wintercod" on the bag.
don't you mean MR WINTERWHITING on the bag...lol...:fishing:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I killed my phone last week as well when water came over the top of my waders on a flat calm day, it's taught me not to push my luck with how deep I wade :bangin:

Try drying it out in the airing cupboard for 2-4 days with its back off and battery out. Works sometimes especially if you leave it long enough, doesn't seem to work as well if the phones gone in saltwater as it does with freshwater or beer though and hasn't worked with mine!!!
The key thing - if it's been in saltwater - is to flush that out ASAP -and get the battery out ASAP too. By "flush it out" I mean to rinse the phone through very thoroughly in tap water, in the way advised for washing out gear after a session. All that should be done before drying it out over a period of several days as suggested. It's worked for me in the past with a phone that stayed submerged for a couple of hours before the tide dropped enough to retrieve it.

That said, it's probably more difficult nowadays. It used to be fairly straightforward with some of the older Nokias to part-dismantle to aid the drying process, but that's probably a non-no on most phones nowadays.

P

·
0 Posts
The key thing - if it's been in saltwater - is to flush that out ASAP -and get the battery out ASAP too. By "flush it out" I mean to rinse the phone through very thoroughly in tap water, in the way advised for washing out gear after a session. All that should be done before drying it out over a period of several days as suggested. It's worked for me in the past with a phone that stayed submerged for a couple of hours before the tide dropped enough to retrieve it.

That said, it's probably more difficult nowadays. It used to be fairly straightforward with some of the older Nokias to part-dismantle to aid the drying process, but that's probably a non-no on most phones nowadays.
my 13yr old daughter got her touch screen phone soaked in water
iv'e dryed it out with a hairdryer but its still not working....:sad:
[email protected]@dy kids......:cc_surren

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's what I meant when I said it's probably not so straightforward now.

Even with previous generations of phones, the key was to be very patient: it does take several days to fully dry out something that's been immersed. I try to have a spare PAYG phone handy for myself, unlocked or on the same network.

Patience isn't something easily taught to a 13yr old who's desperate to keep in contact with their friends at all hours of day and night...

·
Registered
191 Posts
You have to back up your numbers to the computer (if your phone can) or store as many as you can on the sim card. If you're only storing numbers and no txt messages on the sim, it can take quite a lot.

Sounds like you're spending more time at the Adur than at the Ouse at the moment?

I almost dropped my Sony Ericcson in the Ouse a month ago... Thankfully it hit the mud right next to the water's edge.

I drown an old Nokia everytime I go back home for a holiday. Leaving for South Africa end of next week... Hope the family has another spare!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have to back up your numbers to the computer (if your phone can) or store as many as you can on the sim card. If you're only storing numbers and no txt messages on the sim, it can take quite a lot.

Sounds like you're spending more time at the Adur than at the Ouse at the moment?

I almost dropped my Sony Ericcson in the Ouse a month ago... Thankfully it hit the mud right next to the water's edge.

I drown an old Nokia everytime I go back home for a holiday. Leaving for South Africa end of next week... Hope the family has another spare!

Sounds like just the break I could do with at the moment..... Is the family residence equipped for guests......?? (ie floor......)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts