World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
fished the helford this afternoon, red hot sunshine, no fish.
fished over the gillan side at guer. not a sniff except for a wrasse of 8 oz's
this is the second poor day's fishing this week, fished the reef at St Ives, Tuesday, not a bite, is it the weather?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just got back from fishing Pencarrow Head. Very poor, four Wrasse between two of us. Not even a Doggie. Absolutely scorching and not a breath of wind. Will have another crack tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dear Tim,

Try using fresh bait next time as I think it would be impossible not to catch fish at the moment in the Helford. The river is alive with fish -bass, mullet, bream, ray, wrasse all caught in last week. Not sure what you are doing wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
well the baits I've used so far include live eel, frozen eel,peeler, rag, mackerel, prawn, and cocktails of the said mentioned, haven't had much joy out of the helford all year. must be doing something wrong, maybe over casting, tend to belt it out, especially if I'm over the Guer side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To be honest i've not had much luck in the Helford all year either, on any bait.

And i've tried both fishing in close and belting it out in an attempt to hit the other side of the estuary.

If you figure out what we're doing wrong, let me know what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts