World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks was out a drive up the Campsies last wed for ma Grans 83rd birthday and wee stopped in Fintry for some lunch, after eating lunch and me and ma bro decided it was such a nice day, **** it we are going to etive, we dropped Gran off, picked up a mate(noodlejuice on here) and we were soon on the road, after stopping in Callender for a fish supper we soon ran in to some buckfast drinking NEDS (which I didnt think existed up there) who were getting a bit lippy, but were soon put in there place shall we say lol.
10 pm and we were at the windsock setting up rods, a bought ma bro Tam a diawa emcast sport 5500 reel for his Christmas he was still to christen, so he was set up first and in the water.
It was quiet for the first hour or two but as soon as it was dark BANG!!
Tam was into his first ever spurdog, looked like a nice fight and it was a hell of a nice
fish(pics to follow) then ten minutes later he had another beauty both were over 8 pound a would say but we forgot the scales, a was ragin cause he was at the wind up singing blankety blank, so I rebaited and added my secret weapon as soon as it hit the bottom Bang! as I was reeling in I was wondering what was on the other end as I had never had to fight a spurdog so much in my life, my head torch lit up a set of eyes as it came closer then another set, 2 nice spurries on the one rig(hence why I am the spurriemaster lol) both lovely fish, after that we lit a fire then chilled and just before we headed Noodlejuice landed 2 dogfish, after that rods away, into the motor and down the road for a scran and a bit a jeremy kyle lol 6 hours fished 6 fish caught all returned safely, SMASHIN

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice pics good report min. I'd say your first few pics are just into double figures and the bottom couple you got were about 7lbs or so. Top report well done mate.
Neal
The SKink
P.S.
just mind holdin em by the tail is not good for the fish.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers lads, have not blanked with my secret weapon at etive yet, pm if stuggling to get some spurrie action and I will tell all lol

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Neds exist in callander alright, they seem to be braver in the rural places for some reason lol. Nice fish lads, you must have some camera man or you underestimate weights because those fish look double figures easy!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
excellent session and pics guys , we are heading out this weekend maybe end up at etive again too.

al

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
you guys seem to have the luck of the irish up there wouldnae mind knowing your secret weapon guys cos i think big als using the same gear the wee bugger

·
Registered
775 Posts
Well done lads good session there!

Just a gentle reminder to anyone fishing for spurs.

you damage the fish if you dont support their belly/shoulder area when taking photos. so dont hold them by the tail as they will most ofter die within a short time in the water due to damaged muscle and catilage.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well done lads good session there!

Just a gentle reminder to anyone fishing for spurs.

you damage the fish if you dont support their belly/shoulder area when taking photos. so dont hold them by the tail as they will most ofter die within a short time in the water due to damaged muscle and catilage.
you should also not hold them by the tail and the end of thier noses as this causes a stretching of thier spine as well

thank you....

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
and in some magazines

·
Registered
234 Posts
you should also not hold them by the tail and the end of thier noses as this causes a stretching of thier spine as well

thank you....

didnt know that, will bear it in mind ,

all i need now is to catch a decent size spurry that i will struggle to hold

1 - 15 of 15 Posts