World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......This Time it was FnC who caught the fish a handsome 8lb 4oz female that soon went back to fight another day. Crab was the bait and he also missed a few runs which didnt really develop into anything.

I had one bite, whilst using worm as bait......and I missed it! LOL

Pic Attached. Enjoy

Attachments

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Well done Tony - Another sesh, another hound LOL!!!

Don't wanna sound pompous, but could i suggest a weighing sling - For hounds that are below 9lb, a simple plastic carrier bag (i used a tesco carrier bag and their thin lol) wrapped under the smoothie's belly and behind the pectoral fins - scales hook pierced through the bag and let the fish hang from that with head facing north - I find it's easier on the fish with less kicks from the smoothie than when hung by the lip, making easier reading and the bonus of less stress!!!
Smoothies over 9lb - a stronger sling will be needed than a thin tesco carrier bag which will tear!!!

Hope you find the above useful and not pompous LOL!!!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
stevie i have beaten you to it m8 got a sling last week thats for weighing carp and cats the only thing is must remember to put it in the box lol i hate weighing them when they are in near vertical position as their guts drop so yeah i know can`t teach an ole sea dog new tricks m8 the sling if your interested is just under a tenner from keiths only place i know at the mo with crab as well tight lines mucca

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
stevie i have beaten you to it m8 got a sling last week thats for weighing carp and cats the only thing is must remember to put it in the box lol i hate weighing them when they are in near vertical position as their guts drop so yeah i know can`t teach an ole sea dog new tricks m8 the sling if your interested is just under a tenner from keiths only place i know at the mo with crab as well tight lines mucca

LOL - :notworthy:notworthy

I've weighed a couple in the past by lip, and you can tell from the smoothie kicking as it's hung, that it increases un-needed stress for the fish.
Will look out for that sling from Keiths, got a few ideas on making one myself with slits for the pectoral fins to pass through...

Hope others follow suit mate!!!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
yeah m8 don`t like to see a fish in distress tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts