World Sea Fishing Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Smartmeter should give you kWhr for both leccy and gas. At least mine does.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
How do you guys know this stuff?? We have a smart meter and I know nothing apart from the fact it hardly goes out of the green and uses about £21 a week in winter - no idea how that converts to kw.
We get a paper receipt each quarter with not only what we were charged for the quarter but how much KW was used. There are graphs on the bill showing how your bill compares with other homes, which also states how many users per household as well as averages for each quarter, month, week and day. Its a good way of keeping track and makes it pretty easy if deciding to go solar etc, which by the way we won't because we don't use enough electric to make it worth while. We added a tumble drier and dishwasher to our household 12 months ago and from what I can make out we reduced a little power by not hand washing dishes etc but use a little more from the odd occasion the clothes drier is needed, so no noticeable difference.

Like I mentioned, in the UK we tend live in our homes more where here we spend more time outside. In saying that I have family and friends that moved here from the UK who have tv's on in rooms they aren't in, lights on in bedrooms and outside the house all the time as well as air-conditioning running most of the year for cooling and heating. These people have bills of $3000 per quarter where we sit around $300.

We also had fresh bluefin for dinner last night uncooked, so no electric used for the fish or salad!!!

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
I think our smart meter may be a not so smart meter or the operator (me) may be more of a dumb operator that a smart operator - the fact I've never looked at an energy bill since I was a student (Mrs Clinker's dept) probably explains why I have no idea what we use in turn of Kw.

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
Like I mentioned, in the UK we tend live in our homes more where here we spend more time outside. In saying that I have family and friends that moved here from the UK who have tv's on in rooms they aren't in, lights on in bedrooms and outside the house all the time as well as air-conditioning running most of the year for cooling and heating. These people have bills of $3000 per quarter
That's crazy - about 3 times what we spend!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts