World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the stour yesterday, launched at 8.30ish, fished over low, the flood and over high. Compared with previous sessions this year fishing was very slow indeed, the only three bass of the day fell to small rapala lures trawled in deeper water, (only landed 2).

The interesting part came later in the day near high tide. Bass were breaking surface next to shore I think chasing fry and small sand eel, but they completely ignored worm baits, at one point I used a small coarse float with a small lug, cast in the shoal and nothing but line bites.

Overall, a slow session but was nice a get a few bass on lures

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
good effort again, quite a few hours put in....seems to me this year with all the reports and my findings that the orwell seems to be fairing better for some reason.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Well done Andy at least you got a couple. Cheer for the info on the orwell, Tim B and Smoothhound56.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
that's interesting, the stour has always fished well for me until sunday. do you fish nearer the a14 or shotley on the orwell?
fish a few marks along the river right from trimley down to the bridge, had fish every time, not many biggger ones but a few every trip...interestingly, just had a chat with a mate who was trolling small plugs last week in the stour, our usual shallow marks and ended up with 11 fish in just a couple of hours, one sizable. may give it a go one evening if the weather holds

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Smoothhound, , i was planning to have another bash at the spot you suggested to me a few months ago, nr the marina, was gonna go for low tide on sunday, got a call off my friend the night before saying he was going out on his boat, so went with him instead. Result was my first ever blank on boat. Should have gone to the river instead, would have been a lot cheaper too.
Can i ask long do the Bass stick around on the river?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts