World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep they are on the turbot bank in dartmouth as well! swiming with the 6lb place down there. i always say a fish is a fish and can be returned if not wanted. Me i like the cheeks yummy. bugger the cat drink the maranade as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Not one, but TWO pics of the unmentionables! I think somebody needs therapy!
Gudge, Gudge, Gudge, blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
:shocking: whats wrong with skate?

It a fish, something away from the Whiting and blanking completely, rather catch a skate than nothing at all.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Mike I thought you had more taste than the others! on a philosophical scale I would argue that they are not even a fish, they are a "growler" that got run over by a steam roller, the worst kind of growler, a flat one!
My biggest ever embarassment was once upon a time winning the "Lady Helen Ray Trophy" with a 25lb 6oz blonde "growler"! It took Swansea Dogs & Cats Home a fortnight to eat it all!
blueskip

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fish :

Any of a large group of cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates having jaws, gills, and usually fins and a skin covered in scales: includes the sharks, RAYS, teleosts,lungfish, etc......

Each to his own I suppose ;)

Nothing personal Blueskip - I generally enjoy your Witty and often knowledgable retorts ....

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Billy I have an as yet unproven theory, that the Class Chrondrites (skates, rays, growlers) are in fact alien invaders. If you look at their eyes they are permanently squinting (to protect them from drying out when they hit our atmosphere)!
Now THAT skin, what purpose can it serve except to prevent overheating as they came through from outer space. That body shape, the "flate stable" attitude of the free fall parachutist to act as a brake & achieve stability before they "splash down"!
Maybe not scientific proof as YET, but if I can get funding from the Angling Foundation (they give it for far duller investigations), I could put scientific credibility to my seemingly LONE dislike of these, slimy smelly , doormats!
blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
I bet blueskip is president and founder of the ray and skate appreciation society really.

He's just getting bored and feels like rebelling ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts