World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up about 03:30 this morning, and the wind had moderated overnight, so I headed for a slightly sheltered Mount's Bay beach. I started out with a big whole squid on a pair of 5/0 hooks, and quickly caught a whiting about as big as the bait. It was just too big to cast, so I switched to frozen razors. From then on -- 04:30 to 07:30 -- I had a bass on almost every cast: five wee schoolies, and two of about two pounds each. When it was light, I could see that the water was very brown with rainwater run-off; but that didn't seem to bother the fish.
Tomorrow morning (per X/C Weather) looks a bit wild, but my fingers are crossed for Wednesday and Friday, when it's supposed to be a little gentler. The onshore winds certainly have kept the water reasonably warm.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
The onshore winds certainly have kept the water reasonably warm.
nice one on getting out in all this grimness leakyboots....

you are rite on the sea temps...
its down as 10 on the south coast and 9 on the north...
a quick rise to the magic 12 may be on the cards this year....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the temperature update. I know the water is warmish when I find myself standing in it to keep my toes comfortable. I find 11-12 degrees is when the bass start really going on the lures and the fly -- though I enjoy my lure- and fly-fishing most when the wind allows me to stand up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Now I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but That Wednesday window was firmly closed!!
I was watching it as well. Thursday though looks promising though...:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts