World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr McPud and myself headed up to Anstruther this morning as we had intended going on Saturday night but decided it wasn't worth the effort of driving all the way up there to find out it may be too rough so put off till this morning. Our baits were in the water for about 7.30, about 2 hours into the flood. I was clearly not paying attention as Mr McPud had to come over and tell me I had a fish on - I hadn't even noticed the bite but was delighted to bring in a nice codling about 40cm and I guess about 2 - 2.5lb. Not long after this I was into another codling about the same size, both fish taking fresh lug. Mr McPud had a nice flounder and a couple of coalies and we were both getting quite a few bites although not hooking up with a lot of them. We were both fishing 2 rods and I had larger cocktail baits on one with a sliding ledger single hook with the worms. I never got one bite on the larger baits during the session which seemed strange. I then hooked what would have been the biggest fish of the day but it pinged off before I could see what it was. I then had a couple of small codling and coalies before getting a nice flounder myself. The bites certainly died off during slack water and the start of the ebb and we called it a day about 1. All in all a good session and Mr McPud also managed to catch a rockling with a whole squid on a 4/0 hook.
Cloud Sky Slope Line Electricity
Food Seafood Fish Cuisine Fish products
Food Seafood Fish Rectangle Wood
Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish Sun bass Rectangle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts