World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Anstruther 2day skipper took us(10) up to just off Crail caravan site where we drifted up and down all day, Hard to believe very few Mackerel we kept hitting shoals of small Coalies ( up to 1Lb ) bringing them up 3 at a time. Days catch : 12 Cod - to 4.2lb , 7 Wrasse- to 2.3lb, 29 Mackerel- to 1.8lb, approx 70 Coalies - to 1lb and a 2.9lb Ling . All fish were caught on Hokkai/Feathers/Muppets baited with Ragworm and most were returned to fight another day :)

I managed to get the 2 biggest fish of the day 4.2lb & 3.10lb Cod they fell to Mussel/Squid Cocktail on big Hokkai's

Cheers Codhunter ur advice won me the sweep !! :D

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flattiefanatic , Check ur Pm's M8

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What comp was it how did u get on ???

·
Registered
138 Posts
East Region Thing I Had 7 Cod 1 Wrasse I Was Nowhere Near The Money Had 2 Cod In The First 5 Mins And Lost 2 Thought It Might Be My Day Thought Wrong

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must try a shore trip over ur way not shore fished from there for years always the Boat . Am a west coast man we dont see alot of 7- 20lb fish over this way :( ( well not around Clyde,Loch Long & Loch Fyne etc !) Loch Etive will c bigger fish but just Thornies, Spur or Smoothhound .

sounds like it's worth a try .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool M8 , i'll try and sort something out and a will post u

bmac :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts