World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and my lad headed up to anstruther last night. High water was at 01:30 ish and it was great. Nothing big was caught biggest fish was a flounder about a pound but the rods were constantly being hit and not a single Dogfish was caught lol.
IMG_20181006_183605.jpg
Too say the weather was calm would be a understatement. I used rag worm,sandeel,bluey,unwashed squid. I started with a 3/0-3/0 penel pulley rig with squid rag wraps but the bait was being hammerd buy small stuff. So I swithched up to size 1 2 hook flappers. We had god knows how many small fish I lost count.
Specie's we caught were
.Flounder
.small codling
.coalies
.long spinned scorpion fish
All in all a good night, my lad was in his element.
IMG_20181007_145111_924.jpg

Thanks for reading folks.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Great report and photos.
It's always great to see the youngsters enjoying themselves away from a screen:)
Looks like exactly the type of mark you were looking for..

Reactions: jay c

·
Registered
652 Posts
Couldn't have picked a better night weather wise to take your son out fishing even better when there's plenty fish being caught.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn't have picked a better night weather wise to take your son out fishing even better when there's plenty fish being caught.
Totally mate it was ideal. I've never in thirty odd years of sea fishing seen so many small fish. If you looked over the harbour wall there was literally thousands of them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have notice loads of wee fish on flat calm days in harbour where I moor my boat. Every year since I've had a boat May to June always seem too catch loads of small coalies occasionally getting 1 or 2 upto the 2lb mark

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll definitely be back up there when it chops up weather wise. The place is alive full of crab,lobster,small fish it's like a all you can eat buffet to a predator fish. It's just a shame it's a 200 mile round trip for me..

·
Registered
652 Posts
Fished the white pier a few times myself in winter time. The pier gets busy when the easterly winds make an appearance quite a few 10lb plus cod have been caught over the years also the red pier can fish very well also.
I'm lucky that way as only a half hours drive from my house but the lure of Arbroath stops me from fishing it as often as that's only an hour away.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fished the white pier a few times myself in winter time. The pier gets busy when the easterly winds make an appearance quite a few 10lb plus cod have been caught over the years also the red pier can fish very well also.
I'm lucky that way as only a half hours drive from my house but the lure of Arbroath stops me from fishing it as often as that's only an hour away.
I'm going to have to give arbroath a go man. If your free at some point and your going out that way could you give me a shout I would love too learn a few marks up there cheers.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sounds like a great session with the young lad. Great stuff mate. When you’re catching at least it lets you know you’re doing it right. You can only catch what’s there. The big ones will be next time. Hoody looks great, I hope it’s lucky for you. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks John lad much appreciated. It was great just to be out with the little lad. My fishing is coming over the next few months. Spent last night tying 3/0-5/0 pennel pulleys and up and over pennels ready for the coddies mate. The hoodie is the business pal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts