World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished anstruther pier today between 10:30 am 2:00 pm set up two rods a float wiv ragworm and a two hook flapper wiv lugworm tipped wiv mackeral . soon as the float hit the water it went straight under and i caught my 1st fish of the day a tiny coallie . caught about 3 more tiny coallies then a small pollock about half a lb in weight . the lug and mak cocktail worked good aswell catching three wrasse and the best fish of the day a 1 and a half lb coalfish didnt catch anything after that so packed up and headed to burntisland for a wee half hour session just before a went home. i didnt have as much success there just a couple of small coallies

·
Registered
654 Posts
fished anstruther pier today between 10:30 am 2:00 pm set up two rods a float wiv ragworm and a two hook flapper wiv lugworm tipped wiv mackeral . soon as the float hit the water it went straight under and i caught my 1st fish of the day a tiny coallie . caught about 3 more tiny coallies then a small pollock about half a lb in weight . the lug and mak cocktail worked good aswell catching three wrasse and the best fish of the day a 1 and a half lb coalfish didnt catch anything after that so packed up and headed to burntisland for a wee half hour session just before a went home. i didnt have as much success there just a couple of small coallies
i see you had a good day:punk: the main thing is to enjoy ur catch which it seemed you did.. well done

·
Registered
177 Posts
nice 1 mate,i fished off the pier on monday from 08.00-13.00 using a float i caught around 20 of those tiny coalies and 4 around the 1lb mark an 2 wrasse of around 2-3 lb each,lost loads of tackle tho!found lug woz best bait

Attachments

·
Freeloader
6,662 Posts
the white pier is the one with the white light house on it
the red pier has got like a small harbour light on it and as you walk along the wall u see some stairs

u should also try fishing up them stairs very good fishing up there

·
Registered
177 Posts
woz the red pier then,fished right of the end of it,1 of the wrasse i caught at high tide by just dropping my line straight down the side of the wall could almost see the take!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Took boat out from anstruther harbour around lunchtime,there was someone fishing from the harbour wall guess that was you,fished about half mile out ,into plenty of good size mackies,then m8 was on radio telling us that he had a couple of good cod so went over to where he was and sure enough was in to some decent sized ,and very tasty !!
I was surprised at the number of cod around we kept 6 and returned all the smaller ones ,hopefully the weather will be good for the weekend ,conditions yesterday were perfect.

·
Registered
654 Posts
nice 1 mate,i fished off the pier on monday from 08.00-13.00 using a float i caught around 20 of those tiny coalies and 4 around the 1lb mark an 2 wrasse of around 2-3 lb each,lost loads of tackle tho!found lug woz best bait
that some lovely fish there well done.. i blanked the last time i was at anster:doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts