World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to get a photo of this little beauty but the batteries in my camers are flat :oops: easy enough construction though, I flattened two pieces of 22mm copper pipe, made them into a pair of 3 sided brackets (like a flat bottomed U) drilled a couple of holes in them & screwed them to an ice cream container, which hangs on the inner transom. Now the "arkward git" can bait up without grinding the worms & peat into my non-slip mat!:whistling: Will post pics of this work of art when I get some battery power!:yeah:
blueskip

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
good idea blueskip the only other alternative that you could have used would be to only allow him to use gulp bait

john

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
good idea blueskip the only other alternative that you could have used would be to only allow him to use gulp bait

john
I'd rather use bare hooks - I'd have more chance of catching something:blink:

and just to clear up a popular misconception - it was 'skip who spilt the bloody worms anyway:bleh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to get some power to my camera, perishering rechargeable batteries wont power it, they must be palookered, had to connect up via a mobile phone charger to get it going!:g:
blueskip

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got two of them on my box lol, bought them in garry evans
Whats "bought", I dont do bought, they are free after the ice cream is gone, I may look around for a "Tupperware" version if I can scrounge one. otherwise every time this one cracks, 4 new holes in another one & away to go, I might make another one so we can have "his & hers", then he can break his own!:nonono:
blueskip

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey skip great idea! sooner you search for a tupperware box the better i think cause as soon as it breaks you will be back to square 1! picking worms and mud from the mat again! great idea! :clap3:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Down my plaice or bream mark? Cardiff/Penarth/Barry is all rays, growlers & green eels in the summer aint it?:nonono:
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Table fish, thats my motto, no growlers or other hounds (& that includes tope & porgy's) definitely no snotty rays or conger eels, I've caught all that crap before, plaice, turbot, soles, bream are my quarry I dont mind a bass now & again but I aint that keen on them, I reckon they have enough problems in life without me making things worse for em, dont mind the odd pollack either.
So you have the criteria, come up with the goods & I will tolerate the Turk for a day;)
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Plenty of table fish down West this Summer ( any Bass you fluke I'll be more than happy to take off your hands;))

BTW just seen a flaw in your bait box, when your clumsy Jack hands knock the worm over again, it's all going over the side, or into the well which is the same thing - so cue aborted fishing trip for lack of bait :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts