World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Nothing wrong with these leads if used correctly. must use a nice long trace i like 9ft and you must lower slowly not to slow but not free fall. i like to use 4" eddystone boom and very very rarly get a tangle
Natural material Artifact Wood Font Plant

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nothing wrong with these leads if used correctly. must use a nice long trace i like 9ft and you must lower slowly not to slow but not free fall. i like to use 4" eddystone boom and very very rarly get a tangle
I had a chance to test most of them last week and the cannon ball style wins. I agree with you that slow, controlled drop is a must and it helps, but even with free drop I had no tangle wit cannon ones. I had no chance to try watch one though. 1 metre snood - running ledger and portland - both performed great.
BTW, this is really helpful post for all unexperienced boat anglers.

Reactions: JonnyW

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
back in the day all we had were the bopedo weights been using them for over 25yrs in all that time only ever had a couple of spin ups. its more user error as with anything you need to learn how to do it and listen to the skipper

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
... you need to learn how to do it and listen to the skipper
In 90% of my trips I'm the captain myself hence plenty of questions here. Plus unluckily I have no boat anglers mates AT ALL here so forced to learn everything myself.
I use charter fiahing every now and then for learning but I don't enjoy it that much like being on my own boat.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
In 90% of my trips I'm the captain myself hence plenty of questions here. Plus unluckily I have no boat anglers mates AT ALL here so forced to learn everything myself.
I use charter fiahing every now and then for learning but I don't enjoy it that much like being on my own boat.
im lucky i grew up doing crab pots and nets with father from 3 yrs of age

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
im lucky i grew up doing crab pots and nets with father from 3 yrs of age
Same here, but since I learned how to walk I fished German and Polish lakes, rivers, Baltic Sea shore fishing but never sea boat fishing with tides etc. Baltic Sea isn't tidal so fishing there is a bit different. Easier I'd say.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts