World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I will be looking at a boat next week that I intend to keep at home and use a trailer. The boat has previously been kept in the water and antifoul used.
As far as I understand a trailered boat dosn't need antifoul, so my question is, will the old antifoul paint eventually come off, should I try and get it off, or should I just leave it and not worry about it ?
your advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Depending on the type of antifoul it might come off over time, or it might not. If you decide to remove it dont sand it off as it is really toxic. You could try scrubbing it off with a green nylon scrubber and plenty of water.

G

·
Welcome to WSF dodders. You are right, if it is trailered it does not need to be antifouled. First of all try using a jet wash to get off as much as possible. If using a scourer to get the rest off make sure you wear some kind of rubber gloves, something like the wifes marigolds.
Unless it looks really unsightly though I would not worry about getting it off at all. It certainly wont do any harm leaving it on and I would think eventually it will come off by itself.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice. I had visions of a huge area being covered. I think I'll leave it as it is then and see how it goes. I decided to buy the boat so I'll be asking for more advice soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts