World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a frtiend would love to go out on a boat for my first time but don't have boat gear, can anyone recommend any good charter boats to go with? :boat:

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
anchorman 3
nik - i -lou
georgia nicole

just some but some of the other klads will give you more info on them and others........

the site does charter boats trips every couple of weeks or so and are meant to be fantastic so keep an eye out for them advertising spaces...

tight lines,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
We talking just south & west wales?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
All the boats will have gear you can hire for a fiver mate:) Theres only one boat i been out on from penarth which i wouldnt recommend and the last time i was out on it was about 10 years ago:unsure: It begins with a c and ends with a(theres an r h and a in it aswell??)

Most of the boats out of penarth and barry are great boats although you would be better off going from barry now as you will get more species from these boats coz they go further west looking for the fish.

Anchorman 07974101888
Georgia nicole 07917500302

Both great guys who will get you on the fish:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
me and a frtiend would love to go out on a boat for my first time but don't have boat gear, can anyone recommend any good charter boats to go with? :boat:
Hi mad-on fishing theres two boats out off penarth i would go on in the winter thats WHITE WATER AND THE BENJOMA then the only boat i would say in barry is ANCORHMAN 111 dave is a top skipper he will try hes hardes two fine you fish as he likes hes fishing aswell tight lines

·
Registered
594 Posts
i would recomend the leah james, its a slower boat but the skip knows what hes doin!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would recomend the leah james, its a slower boat but the skip knows what hes doin!
i agree with you totally, russel is the best skipper out of penarth(in my opinion), its a slow boat but atleast you can have a few beers the night before and have a nice kip on the way up to nash!!!lol all the boat caugth fish on my photo bucket were caught with him

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Not sure if you'd want to go from swansea but...............
Seren Y Mor is a good boat with a cracking skipper!

A load of us went out with him for our 1st boat trip about 3 years ago in May I think.

Fair play to the skipper Dave he was patient and was more than willing to help us all out with baits and tactics and we caught bullhuss, doggies, rays, conger, whiting, turbot, dab, gurnard, tope and smoothies.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Our club and myself with the lads from work use the Emily Louise, Steve the skipper is a top man with a bloody fast boat. He is very helpful with the novices
The hired gear is all Abu \ Conoflex gear and half time he cooks some mean sausage butties with tea all day
Oh yes we do catch a few fish with him

cd

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Just avoid C???a and L??? H???? m8
L??? H???? Isnt a bad boat mate. I've fished off it a few times and have always caught fish, he will go and find the fish for you, but C???a didnt go further than sully island all the times i fished on it when i first started boating many moon ago:boat: :unsure:
Our club and myself with the lads from work use the Emily Louise, Steve the skipper is a top man with a bloody fast boat. He is very helpful with the novices
The hired gear is all Abu \ Conoflex gear and half time he cooks some mean sausage butties with tea all day

cd
I'm pretty sure this was the first boat we went out on years ago,all first timers then but we all caught fish:) :)

·
Registered
178 Posts

cd
Have to agree Emily Louise doesnt get much mention on here but yes its a fast boat and good skipper

·
Registered
178 Posts
L??? H???? Isnt a bad boat mate. I've fished off it a few times and have always caught fish, he will go and find the fish for you, but C???a didnt go further than sully island all the times i fished on it when i first started boating many moon ago:boat: :unsure:

Kev, chara's days are numbered m8, as for LH, well any boat that struggles to do 10 knots with novice skippers is a big no no for me m8

·
Registered
98 Posts

Kev, chara's days are numbered m8, as for LH, well any boat that struggles to do 10 knots with novice skippers is a big no no for me m8
for someone who cant get a skippers ticket,to say novice skippers, say's it all no what i mean RAY!!!!
LH may not be the fastest boat in the marina, but she's a dam sight faster than yours. dreamer.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
A new member has posted asking for charter boat recommendations. I will not allow it to degenerate into yet another slanging match between charter boats and skippers.

Help the person asking the question or stay off the thread please.

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
98 Posts
A new member has posted asking for charter boat recommendations. I will not allow it to degenerate into yet another slanging match between charter boats and skippers.

Help the person asking the question or stay off the thread please.

Regards

Rob
i totaly agree with you im just defending all the boats and skipper's in penarth and barry, any boat is fine, each to there own. VMR tight lines

·
Registered
178 Posts
for someone who cant get a skippers ticket,to say novice skippers, say's it all no what i mean RAY!!!!
LH may not be the fastest boat in the marina, but she's a dam sight faster than yours. dreamer.
Talking about someone who hasnt got a skipper's ticket, has Mike got his yet? he'll need it soon as Dannys getting his own boat.

VMR as usual I think you got me confused with someone else m8 if you have a problem take it to PM

Anyway, back to the original question, theres plenty of boats to choose from.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts