World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without dissing anyone/boat.
Has anyone any recommendations on excellent charter boats out of Weymouth from among the many down there?
Looking for a trip end of April/Early May.
Thanks in anticipation.
:fishing:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Without dissing anyone/boat.
Has anyone any recommendations on excellent charter boats out of Weymouth from among the many down there?
Looking for a trip end of April/Early May.
Thanks in anticipation.
:fishing:
Loads of good skippers down there. go on to the deepsea site have a look.

·
Registered
368 Posts
have been with both clem carter (wild frontier) and adrian brown (als spirit) both fantastic skippers even on the hard days some how manage to find the fish and both very nice boats als spirit is more stable when it comes to the portland race but wild frontier has more room to walk around ect :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More alternatives - Excellent.
I'm sure to get a trip or two from those.
Very grateful for info/advice.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I agree Chris was one of the best.
He will be missed at Weymouth, we have booked with Clem on Wild Frontier for this year. I have fished with Clem many times and he is a good skipper as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Als Spirit - we had a great varied trip out a couple of years ago with helpful and knowledgable skipper!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I can recommend Clem Carter on Wild Frontier, our club has been fishing with him quite a few years and Clem always does his best for us.
Another Clem Carter and Wild Frontier thumbs up, Fantastic skipper and boat..:thumbs:

·
Registered
20,779 Posts
Clem Carter is a great skipper and always tries hard to put you on the fish and offers plenty of help especially to those inexperienced with boat fishing. And wild frontier as has been mentioned, is a tidy and roomy vessel.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Paul Davies, on Katie Ann. Good-sized, stable catamaran and an easygoing skipper who knows his stuff and has good contacts with the commercial boys - which means he has an ear to the ground (... or sea!) fish-wise. I've used a lot of the Weymouth charter boats and the trips I enjoy most are with Paul; it's a good laugh and we catch a lot of good fish too. I fish with him around 12 times a year.
This is his website: Katie Ann Charters - Weymouth - Home
If you're interested in fishing regularly, call him and ask to go on his phone list, and every month or so he'll text you a list of dates with spaces for individuals. His set-up is very much geared for individuals, so he's not block-booked all the time.
I have, by the way, no commercial ties with Paul other than as a client.
Good luck. April-May will be either turbot/plaice or mid-Channel wrecking, depending on the tides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts