World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My missus wanna go and visit some mates in sittingbourne so I'm thinking to go fishing!
So can you recommend some places good for novice fisherman not very far?
I rather fish from a pier so are there any around?
I red some posts about Old coal pier in Isle of sheepy is that any good?
Thanks for every help and advice!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Gillingham is the nearest pier or you could try Milton creek maybe a flounder or two rag,maddies or lug is all you need

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Lubo, I've posted some Kent piers for you to try in your thread in the Beginners section.

PS - You asked about the old Coal Pier on Sheppey. It was in Sheerness but doesn't exist any more. When anglers refer to catch reports there, they mean from the beach where the old pier used to be, so not suitable for what you want.

One other option by the way is Erith pier on the Thames - it's not too far from Sittingbourne. You might hit London traffic though, so if you can, I think you'd be better off going to one of the choices in your thread on the other section.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Sittingbourne and take my disabled father fishing so we need to be able to fish from the car. Ramsgate pier is about 45 mins away and you can do just about that. No fees either. Another option is high tide at leysdown on the island. That's about 30 mins away. Hope it helps?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Prince of wales pier dover. As i understand if you have a disabled badge you can drive down pier n fish rom car ... Not sure if this is still the case... But from memory im sure it was

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Prince of wales pier dover. As i understand if you have a disabled badge you can drive down pier n fish rom car ... Not sure if this is still the case... But from memory im sure it was
If you have Blue badge you can drive on, if not its £6 parking and be prepared for a walk.

Or Erith Pier, is comfy fishing, but not as productive as the prince of Wales - Dover.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Correct, you just need to buy a fishing permit (per rod?) for the day

Ramsgate Western Undercliffe can also be fished from the car about 2 hrs either side of HW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts