World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads
anyone had any catches anywhere on the east coast lately e.g scarborough uo to whitby also has anybody had any catches anywhere or is it just me that cant catch
cheers everyone

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi Bud, I was at South-Gare the on Saturday morning but nothing not even any mackys. I think they should be in at whitby though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there,
I fished from Scarborough last bank holiday. I fished off Cayton Bay and had 8 - 1 pollack , 1 codling and 6 flatties (5 flounder 1 plaice). I am boat fishing but i would say that on this day I was only maybe 400 yds from shore. Then on the Monday I fished off Burniston Point - was there all day without a bite then halfway through the flood the fish finder went wappy!!! Thought we had makeral under the boat so sent some feathers down and started taking a steady stream of coalies to the boat - had 31 in an hour!!
Best time to fish on both days was half way through the flood - caught all the fish pretty much at this time!!

I'm out again this weekend - if you fancy a day trip let me know - I should be out Friday from around 2-3pm and all day saturday and sunday leaving port around 8-8.30. If you fancy it give me a call 07884 497020.

Regards

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi Balleko, thanks for the invitation but I don't like going out in a boat " I suffer from Sea-Sickness" too much, :eek: , but I hope you catch lots of fish best of luck.
Mike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished Brid harbour wall last tusday for 1 hour each side of evening tide,only 2 of us caught,& mine was only a crab,other catch was a very small flattie

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello any fish anyone,thought id let you no that your not the only one to struggle,i recently went to whitby,and caught sod all,then moved further down the coast to filey brigg,and guess what sod all agian,if you find anywere that is fishing i would to here about it!it's that bad i may take up tennis

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi guys, I was on whitby west this morning (Sun) got 8 mackys and there was a lot caught, even a Seatrout on float :eek: "Not by me though"
Going to South-Gare (Redcar) tomorrow :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts