World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heys im from the south coast...im just wondering if there are any gd marks for wrasse that is in the local area of st austell...ive always fished for them... rite down near penzance.. but not in st austell... any ideas.... cheers

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Meva wall always used to have a few around. Any rocks around the coast should catch you some.Rag or lugg will catch and hardbacks for the bigger ones.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
heys im from the south coast...im just wondering if there are any gd marks for wrasse that is in the local area of st austell...ive always fished for them... rite down near penzance.. but not in st austell... any ideas.... cheers
kibberick cove .nare head there was and probably still is wrasse there,hard back crabs a little bigger than a fifty pence piece top bait try it.Aj .:fishing:

·
Registered
996 Posts
As Sunfish said hard backs at Kiberick cove or you could try the spot we went for eels there are loads around there and some monsters too. Don't forget to try a few limpets on a simple running ledger but I don't reccomend either mark on your own.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can y give me a map to that location please mart... gunna try there with my dad if there weathers nice this weekend..

pm me it cheers =]

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
not sure about biggies bot the rock marks aroung gorran havern have got a few, catch it with clear water and you can watch em swimmin below ya, great fun but sometimes frustrating as hell ( bait robbin b+++++++s)

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
not sure about biggies bot the rock marks aroung gorran havern have got a few, catch it with clear water and you can watch em swimmin below ya, great fun but sometimes frustrating as hell ( bait robbin b+++++++s)
Wont be many if people keep doing things like this mate! I doubt the once a year holiday dangler would walk out there.:hammer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
if you wanna fish the harbour wall you can park within 20 yards and a quick easy walk over beach will get you there, wrasse aplenty

·
Registered
996 Posts
Mennease point at Gorran Haven holds some big wrasse 5lb+ but it is a bit of a difficult walk.

Liam I will pm you a map but again it is a hard walk.

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Mennease point at Gorran Haven holds some big wrasse 5lb+ but it is a bit of a difficult walk.

Liam I will pm you a map but again it is a hard walk.
Heres one bout 4lb??? Caught on freelined chunk of velvet hardback.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
That wrasse looks very happy to have been caught looks like it smiling:laugh:
LOL It just knew i was going to be nice to it and gently release it back into the water:victory:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts