World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to this site and prety new to fishing only ever done fresh water and flounder bashing as a kid and now wanna take it up again as even man does when there mrs gets a normal weekday job and says she wants to spend time together at the weekend :cry: so my first question is proberly the most stupid on this whole site. all to do with my lovly ( pmsl ) island. when where how etc ful details plz

cheers guys

gal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ne ideas then i only just got my account verified so my post got dropped back

sorry for reposting the same one

·
Registered
262 Posts
Various good marks on and around sheppey, people are a little protective of them on occassions so dont be offended.

To give you a start, Park in the ship and shore car-park (minster-sheerness coast road) and walk up onto the sea-wall, head left and there can be some good winter fishing there. I have had limitless whiting but also codling up to 5lb many a time.

Fishing in the Swale can produce eels and bass in decent numbers.

Other marks are the queenborough wall (good for flatties) and eastchurch gap (thornnbacks) and a couple more good marks.

Best advice would be to join a local club, I have heard the the Sheerness Steel Sea Angling Club is very good, infact I am going to join myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, i had a good day over ridham last week, had a couple of flounders just under the 1lb mark and 1 of nearly 2 pound, and about 5 skoolies but the mullet were the ones winding me up.

yeh i can understand people can be a bit protective about there marks but i can promise im no threat to any one in any way so there no need to think im gunna be tryin to take anything over. im just a pleasure guy not a competition man so just looking for a good day out other than flounder bashing

cheers

gal

·
Registered
262 Posts
cheers, i had a good day over ridham last week, had a couple of flounders just under the 1lb mark and 1 of nearly 2 pound, and about 5 skoolies but the mullet were the ones winding me up.

yeh i can understand people can be a bit protective about there marks but i can promise im no threat to any one in any way so there no need to think im gunna be tryin to take anything over. im just a pleasure guy not a competition man so just looking for a good day out other than flounder bashing

cheers

gal
Stay in touch, will come over for a codling session in winter with you if you like!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh will do i mean i know a bit about the winter marks cuz my dad and my uncle are pretty keen fishermen (it also helps that they r born and bred swampies) but ive never actually fished them properly to be honest. its the summer marks ive never really looked into cuz normally i spend much of the time in the pub beer garden in the summers

yeh be good 2 go for a decent session

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
its the summer marks ive never really looked into cuz normally i spend much of the time in the pub beer garden in the summers
Summer!! Did i miss it then?

Mick in Island tackle comes across as being pretty helpful & seems to know his way around the island ok, worth a chat.

good luck.

G

·

cheers

gal
hi gal,

what bait did u get the flounders on if u don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the flounders on 1/0 flapper rigs using a rag and bluey combo. seemed to work on the day but dont know if its the traditional thing but it worked around ridham

G

·
i got the flounders on 1/0 flapper rigs using a rag and bluey combo. seemed to work on the day but dont know if its the traditional thing but it worked around ridham
cheers mate.

i used to catch them on peeler all the time down there but not now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts