World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody,

As per my title i'm from the uk and i'm off to sunnier and warmer climates for christmas and new year, 17th dec through to 3rd jan.

i'm staying near Orlando, Championsgate area, if that helps?

Basically i'm a beach fisherman in the UK but i fancy wetting my line in the states for 1 maybe 2 days days if i'm lucky.

Now I've had a look online and it's obviously huge business going with these bass guides, the prices are huge!!

I'm not looking for that kinda outlay, after all it is a holiday, not a specimen hunters weekend!! it would be great to find somewhere that rents out the gear, IE rod reel tackle for a premium i realise, i buy the bait and they can point you in the right direction and maybe a map with fishing marks.

Have you kind people any ideas about this, i realise fishing the sea is going to add travelling time on so i'm more than happy to fish local lakes or whatever is nearby.

There must be someone that can help, I've always wanted to have a go at fishing in the states, bit like any fisherman, doesnt matter where you are in the world, you'll always fancy wetting your line!!!:clap2: Keep it clean :clap3:

Maybe one of you fishy people will be kind enough to have me tag along, i'll gladly buy the bait and the cold ones, now how about that for an offer :thumbs:

Anyway thanks for reading

Colin

·
Registered
278 Posts
i am on hols at the same time as you,unfortunately i will be doing the disney/family stuff for a few days before we drive down to the keys for the main fishing.basically the sea is about an hour drive in either direction either daytona or tampa.both of these places will probably do cheap charters on a headboat,which is a bit like a charter boat over here but a lot bigger.if you dont want to travel far there is plenty of freshwater fishing around,but you will need to buy a freshwater licence DO NOT SKIP THIS AS YOU WILL BE CHECKED.basically look for any of the state parks around they all seem to have good fishing in them,usually for catfish,bass and various other exotics,ask around at the tackle shops they are helpful if you arespending a few quid.as for the tackle,the best tackle shop is in international drive,PROBASS WORLDWIDESPORTSMAN,google it and be amazed its about the size of a large superstore over here,get yourself a travel rod setup and you are away.the freshwater fishing over there is nearly all free for the cost of a rod licence,not like over here with clubs and syndicates everywhere,enjoy the change,chill out and enjoy every minute.ps if you can stretch to an individual charter with a guide,do it you will have a great time

·
Registered
898 Posts
You will need a freshwater AND a saltwater recreational fishing licence (non-resident) if you plan to fish in both fresh and salt water. ($30 each for 7-day; $47 each annual). Headboats generally have a collective boat permit to cover everyone on board.
Don't try fishing without a licence....the fines are hefty!

Check...http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/faqs/#fresh_or_salt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.