World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to scotland for two weeks, first week Dornie on the west coast and second week Johnshaven on the east caost, anybody any good ideas for shore fishing either location

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Not sure about the west coast, but Johnshaven has many marks both north and south.

Looks through the Scottish forum for marks like:

Crawton
Arbroath
Portlethen
Red Rock
Ethie Mains
Catererline
Montrose
Dundee
Auchmithie

All of these are within 30 or so miles of Johnshaven - and there are dozens of others also within this 30 miles. An ordenance survey map is the best way to track them down.

Have a read of bigdunnys post

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4100

This is an easy drive from Johnshaven

·
Registered
44 Posts
just back from a weeks hols up at dornie/glenelg....
no room for my fishin stuff but managed to sit and watch a few fish taken.
try spinning off the rocks at glenelg on rising tide as salmon and sea trout follow the shore round to go up the river.
some guys caught 8 day before i got there.
good luck and enjoy the visit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi marko the gully at the right hand side of the harbour is mabe worth a try i had a lot of fish out of there in the winter thats the johnhaven harbour it is heavy kelp should hold fish in summer take some wights though snsggie olso gourdon just up the road worth a try my mate was up there last week had cod off the rocks at low water hope this helps codhunter

·
Registered
347 Posts
Last year we were fishing the Harbour and someone came over to get a fish weighed a 11lb cod taken from the gullies to the left of the harbour. This was winter though. There was an article in SA or TSF about Johnshaven a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Drop me an email with a contact tel no and dates when you'll be in Johnshaven and as I live there we can meet up and i'll let you know where's fishing best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts