World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just moved to burghead in moray about 6 months ago tried a few marks with no luck any one give me a few ideas cheers

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have you seen this thread http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4272&highlight=moray+firth ?

There do seem to be a few of us fishing in the Moray Firth on this site ... I have recently moved to Grantown on Spey. Having discovered I am just as quick to Loch Linnhe as I am the better Moray Firth marks I think I shall be heading west more.

I know Burghead can be good for mackerel but you generally have to head east to find the deeper and more productive marks although the stretch between Portmahumock (sp?) and Tarbat Ness can also be good for coddies and the rest.

What bait are you using, what size of hook and where have you tried? You should be getting flatties at least from Burghead?

I am away for a couple of weeks, as of this afternoon, so do excuse my lack of reply if you cannot reply before then. If you are lucky UltimateCodFather and Sirroco will be by and they seem to be much more experienced than I am along this stretch of coast. And should be able to help. The more info you can give the better though to see where you are going right/wrong ....

Good luck and keep trying, especially after a N or E wind!

Andy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a good idea i am nearer to ullapool area i would say so the west would be a better option but think i will see how this winter goes at burghead i will try smaller hooks and alter rigs etc thanks for the reply will let you know how i get on in a few weeks alex

·
Registered
142 Posts
Burghead harbour will produce small flats and Eels from the western side which is quite sandy and the Burg itself will throw up Cod to at least 5lb on crab baits, Lug will catch but crab is much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts