World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of us from sunny Rochdale are staying in Fishguard first week in May.
Six psychiatric nurses in a caravan[theres got to be a joke in there somewhere]
Any info on good beaches or rockmarks anywhere in the area would be greatly appreciated. Anywhere in pembrokeshire.
Newgale for bass and Stackpoles have been mentioned but so far have not been able to find any info.

Thanks in advance,,,,,Terry F.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi m8,and welcome to site. i fish there as often as i can get down there. go to whitesands,theres a cafe in the carpark. oppisite the cafe theres a path that goes along the coast walk along there till u come to a turn style(bout 10 min walk) then instead of going on the main path theres sheep tracks to the left of turn style walk along that to some rocks sticking out there u will find a gully with grass( thats where i camp ) then go through and over the gully and go to the right but towards the sea and u will see ledges down there. be carefull as it can be slippery. in the winter u catch conger up to 30lb,wrasse,rockling,flatties,doggies and whiting. then in summer conger,wrasse,rockling,doggies,coalfish,bass, pollack and mackrel thats all ive caught from there. also ive never ever caught less than 8 fish and ive been about 20 times. oh yeah and use a 8oz lead as the current can get pretty strong. hope that helps. oh i and ive found that it dont really matter if tides going out or in or weather its low or high tide. i always catch there.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If waether is bad or winds strong try fishing within milford haven, places like Hobbs point or some of the jetties, stone piers etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi welcome to the site. i do a lot of fishing in north pembrokeshire.... notable beaches... nolton whitesands and newgale for bass and flatties. notable roack marks.... between whitesands and st davids head(arounnd porth melgan), to the right hand side of porth clais for big bull huss right under your feet, literally just outside the harbour climb down the cliff(not hard) by the first turnstyle outside the harbour... walk down the fance that goes down(walk down the right hand side or u will fall off the cliff)... then anywhere down there, the point on the right hand side of solva harbour... or if your after smoothhound then at st brides village on the other side of the bay... fish crab baits and there is wrasse bass smoothies and pollack. good luck son

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
tenby-there is a bandstand in tenby just out of the main town ,if u go below that there are rocks.fish there on a high tide in to the channel(towards the island)i have caught ray,bream,gurnad,polock,bas,whiting,mackerel,garfish and many more from this mark!!!!! :cool: :confused: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i fish most weekends off saundersfoot good mark fish low in the night (has to be dark) with big lug baits monday i had 1 bass i hate whiting had 1 flattie 1lb 2oz and cod king had 1 flounder was returned. leave your bait out for 1 hour ant then wind in. use a 2 hook flapper and 2/0 hooks biggest.

My favourite day to get the most species and a good day out would:

say we have a 7:00 low in the morning and a 1:00 high and low at 7:00 in the night. (this would probably be a neap tide down here)

start at hobbs point in the morning from 7:00 - 9:00 (rough ground)

then go to manorbier for 10:00 - 1:00 off the rocks for wrasse and bass (maybe Ray)

STOP FOR LUNCH

Make your way to Giltar poing Tenby to fish the rest of the ebb.

Then make your way to a beach mark such as saundersfoot or tenby south beach to fish the flood up for as long as you want.

Hobbs fish a 2 hook clipped rig with a rotten bottom weak ling any baits work here but rag and lug give best results.
play around with a variety at Manorbier and fresh west noted rigs for fresh west would be an up and over penell with sandeel.
saundersfoot or tenby i have put at the start of the post.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks to all who replied with info re.Pembrokeshire. Some great advice given and I am looking forward to fishing as many of the marks mentioned as possible. Nearer the time I will post another message and maybe try to meet up ?
Than

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks to all who replied with info re.Pembrokeshire. Some great advice given and I am looking forward to fishing as many of the marks mentioned as possible. Nearer the time I will post another message and maybe try to meet up ?
Thanks again,
Terry F.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts