World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Mike, how was Ireland did you manage bag that monster bass or just &nbsp;a few tiddlers?</font>

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Ha, thanks for asking, was going to post some kind of report but...we had a great time.

I didn&#39;t do too much fishing sadly, had a camera glued to my hand most of the time but I managed to catch a Bass of around 2lb from the surf, Dad has 5 or 6 all around the same size plus we all had a lot of Flounder. We went mini species bashing at Fenit pier and we stacked up a lot of different species, corkwing and goldsinny wrasse plus tompot blennies and various other species. We tried for some ray and other bits but the weed was incredible for the first few days so it was quite hard.

Boat fishing wise, it was probably one of the best trips we have been on. We had spurdog, all the gurnards, Huss to 12lb, Haddock, good sized Whiting, Cod, Pollack to 10lbs (we didn&#39;t even try for good Pollack) plus various other species. The special ones - Norman Dunlop of the Irish Fisheries board boated a Megrim, Dad on the other hand had 2 Irish Specimen Tub Gurnard the best was around 9lbs (can&#39;t remember the exact weight too tired ;)), plus he had a John Dory which made his week&#33;

All told I think we had 36 species between the three of us with 9 days on the shore and 4 on the boat. I came in at around 24, Dad thrashed us and was on about 28 by the end, he&#39;s had 44 species this year in UK and Ireland so he&#39;s a happy bunny

I&#39;ll edit this report when i&#39;ve had some sleep
put it into some decent English.

The web site will be updated now with some more articles - no more away trips for me this year so the site is back up to its usual update routine from now on.</font>

Last edited by MikeJr at 1095019797

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#0000FF'>Excellent mate, sounds like an all round excellent trip for everyone concerned. So your the camera monkey, hard lines mike. Look forward to the full report, may persuade me to make my first trip to Southern Ireland.</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Well I am defo going &nbsp;
&nbsp;

Long weekend planned for early November - a fact finding / reccy mission

Will be my first fishing trip ever that is anywhere other than the Isle of Man, exciting and scary. &nbsp;Could be the start of a whole new life...</font>

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
<font color='#000000'>That&#39;s a cracking Tub there - well caught Mike T&#33; Must arrange a trip over there myself next year, been promising myself one for ages.

Have to say neither of you have missed much on our local beaches. I&#39;m just hoping the recent blow has stirred it up enough to get shore feeders back in with some enthusiasm&#33;

Cheers - John</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts