World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI LADS any signs yet of the elusive little blighters ? :secret: keep loking on the beaches still no sign of sprats jumping maybe to early yet ? what about the local piers any info dave

G

·
Hi mate,
lots of boats where a mile of if that yesterday possibly trying for mackeral as they are ment to be a mile or 2 off, I was down on ROker pier yesterday and there were a few sandeels kicking about, a lad caught a plaice about a pound and 3 quaters when he unhooked the fish it spat a fresh sandeel out and when he gutted the fish it had 4 medium sized sandeels in it and also a large whiteworm. So obviously theres feed there for the mackeral and one strange thing is this year so far i haven't seen no herring on Roker this are normally the sign that mackeral aren't to far away as you always get launce and herring on the feathers of Roker before you get the mackeral. The water in the river is very clear, it was coloured yesterday so obviously the tide had taken the freshwater out to sea so you may see a few mackeral this weekend if you're prepared to try for them.
Hope this information helps you mate:)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the water looked very clear in the river the other day, there was a couple of codling took from the white wall yesterday 1.5lb and a bloke had a 2.5lber

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads wont be long for the spinnging gear lol its fun though

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'm gunna try the South-Gare in the morning about 6am :) I'll post back & let you know if anything gets caught.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Dave, just got back in... nothing to report... but god it was cold in that small breeze :blink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts