World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone has had any Mackerel from the shore near Edinburgh. Cramond ? Granton ?

Cheers

·
Registered
423 Posts
Doctor

May I refer you to the MackerelWatch UK post. This post should tell you where mackerel are being caught around our coast. If Edinburgh isn't shown I would imagine they aren't there yet. However they should be around soon as there are plenty in Methil and Burntisland. I tried Granton in June but a little prematurely I think.

If you look at the M/watch post twice a day for the next 14 days you should find a cure.
:D :D

Sorry couldn't help it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
doug try the breakwater at the sewage works you can fish at the back of the sewage works no problem it has a clean sandy beach a few snaggy marks. fish near the big gas balloon you cant miss the site also try along the breakwater near portobello .cheers andy sorry forgot to say the leith sewage works.

·
Registered
218 Posts
First post!! :)

Fished at Prestongrange just past Mussleburgh last night but no Mackerel. Locals said the water was a bit murky but that loads of fish had been taken recently.

Will try Granton and sewage works soon..

Phil

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about Granton ! Might give it a try one evening. I take it its best to fish off the harbour wall ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Dr

I would indeed fish off the harbour wall - i guess anywhere past the turn (as the wall veers left). Pick a good high tide for the best results.

Tight lines
Blenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts