World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scheduled to go to Cayo Guillermo in April, 2018. Has anyone fished that area after Hurricane Irma, any new and recent reports? Also I have been trying to get ahold of fishing guide Orlando Gonzalez but he’s not answering his email or text messages on his phone. Has anyone talked to him or had any contact with him since the Hurricane? I hope he is ok. any info or reports will be greatly appreciated. I will post a report after my trip in April as soon as I get back. I have been able to get ahold of Dunesky, and I see that he has been posting pictures on Instagram. Does anyone have names of any other guides in that area? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before the trip. Still a ways away but, I don’t want to be scrambling at the last second so I like to have everything organized and confirmed well before hand.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Scheduled to go to Cayo Guillermo in April, 2018. Has anyone fished that area after Hurricane Irma, any new and recent reports? Also I have been trying to get ahold of fishing guide Orlando Gonzalez but he’s not answering his email or text messages on his phone. Has anyone talked to him or had any contact with him since the Hurricane? I hope he is ok. any info or reports will be greatly appreciated. I will post a report after my trip in April as soon as I get back. I have been able to get ahold of Dunesky, and I see that he has been posting pictures on Instagram. Does anyone have names of any other guides in that area? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before the trip. Still a ways away but, I don’t want to be scrambling at the last second so I like to have everything organized and confirmed well before hand.
Hi, I'm also there in April after a five year hiatus. There was also a nice guy named Jordan back then but don't know of he's still around. I'm there 16-30th so if you fancy sharing a trip out with one of them let me know. I've got Orlando's and Jordan's number as well as Dunny so I'll try them shortly. As a proper guide, Dunny is the better of the three. Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve, I managed to get ahold of Orlando, he is booked solid the week I am there but I managed to book a guide that I haved used before through him, named Orelvis for the 22nd.
I also have booked Dunesky for the 19th and 20th, but with him you never know if it’s actually him or one of the guides that work for him.
My fishing partner who is coming with me on this trip is not sure if he can make it now so, if I end up going solo, I could use someone to split the boat on those dates with me. I will contact you closer to the dates of the trip. What resort are you staying at?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi,

Dave here,

I'm going to be at the Iberostar Playa Pilar on Cayo Guillermo April 13-20 and will have a light spinning rig and a fly rod. I'd be interested in 'hooking up' with anybody else interested in DIY fishing.

I'd be interested in sharing a guided trip as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave, I will be staying at the Hotel Sercotel Club right next to the causeway bridge and the marina. I have Dunesky booked for the 19th and 20th. I would be willing to split the boat on one of those days if you are interested. Email me at [email protected] if you want to discuss it more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I'm also there in April after a five year hiatus. There was also a nice guy named Jordan back then but don't know of he's still around. I'm there 16-30th so if you fancy sharing a trip out with one of them let me know. I've got Orlando's and Jordan's number as well as Dunny so I'll try them shortly. As a proper guide, Dunny is the better of the three. Steve
Are you still interested in sharing a boat, I have either 20th and 22nd available

1 - 9 of 9 Posts