World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Thinking of a trip down to Deal pier or possibly the beach at Walmer at the weekend. Anyone know how it's fishing and what's around?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
it was good for rays until this wind came through. last sat someone had a 10lb ray from 4th shelter.

the 10th green is prob your best chance of a ray or the rough ground at kingdown for codling and dogs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the info BG. Never tried Kingsdown, so may give that a go. Have just google Earthed it and it looks like a good spot.

Any decent sized codling around or just the usual (for me anyway) tiddlers? Was hoping that I may be in for a chance of a bass or sole, or am I a little early for these?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
the codling are mainly small, your lucky to get them over 2lb now. there's deffo a chance of bass but too early for sole.

the wind will be the only bad thing this weekend, you could always try fishing the surf at oldstairs bay over the low for bass.

TBH i wouldn't bet on getting many fish because of the easterly winds this week. i wouldn't bother if i didn't have a match this weekend, i'm not really looking forward it tbh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we will be down at walmer on saturday by the castle before trying elsewhere through the weekend.
Theres still the odd small codling though like big guy said you'd be lucky to catch anything over 2lb but theyre still around along with the usual pout and whiting - we tend to catch them though up on the flood.

Low water is producing a lot of dogfish, mainly at close range 20-40yards out literally, my mrs being the vindictive sod she is seems on insistent on catching them but there is also the odd dab starting to spring up a bit more :)

hope that helps.

G

·
Someone told me that you couldn't fish the lower deck of the pier now due to it being closed for the rebuilding of the cafe.

Thought I would try and find out about this and stumbled upon Deal pier website http://www.dealpier.com/

It seems they are just replacing the boards at the moment and looking to rebuild the cafe towards the end of September.

I know it's snaggy down there, but I do like Deal pier, ever since I went and caught 22 pollack all about the 2lb mark when I was a kid.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i'm hoping that the bottom deck will be open over summer so i can get down there a have some fun with the gars. the only reason i fish down there now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts