World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wondering If Any One Has An Idea On The New Penn Range Which I Assume Is Taking Over The Affinity Range!!!

They Do Some Interesting Rods,

??

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Think you will find that Penn rods are no more :cry:

Shakespear bought out Penn last year & I believe only intend to keep the Penn reels going & not the rod side of things as they have a top & bottom tier range of their own :crazy:

Hence a certain chappy with a beard is now working for Greys...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Think you will find that Penn rods are no more :cry:

Shakespear bought out Penn last year & I believe only intend to keep the Penn reels going & not the rod side of things as they have a top & bottom tier range of their own :crazy:

Hence a certain chappy with a beard is now working for Greys...
Actually wrong.

Prior to leaving, I was involved in the new 2009 range of Penn rods - some VERY interesting models, across the price bands.

I believe that they were looking at September introduction, but do not hold me to that.

Think you might be impressed.

BTW Neil's leaving had nothing to do with the plans for rods, as he actually left in early 2007.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry - no offence meant!!

A team led by Mike Thrussell Sr. and including leading retailers, skippers and feedback anglers from across UK were involved in the rod development.

Pretty cool they look too!

15,082 Posts
I know or believe you are no longer involved with Penn but maybe you can help me.
I have a Dynabraid 12-15lb (Gold Rod,Braid Rings) I know this rod is no longer made but thought you may just know where I can get another? I love the rod and have had Tope to nearly 50lb on it.
I have (2) 975 LD's so another rod would be great!

15,082 Posts
I know or believe you are no longer involved with Penn but maybe you can help me.
I have a Dynabraid 12-15lb (Gold Rod,Braid Rings) I know this rod is no longer made but thought you may just know where I can get another? I love the rod and have had Tope to nearly 50lb on it.
I have (2) 975 LD's so another rod would be great!
Dynabraid rods now all sorted!
Thanks for your help guy's,you know who you are!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Bit of a late follow up, and not sure if it's already been posted but...
details of the latest Penn beach rods as designed by Mike Thrussell are in the latest Veals brochure that was in this months Sea Angler. Also Greys new reel and the Apollo Mk3.

To be honest, the Veals brochure is more interesting than the magazine!

G

·
Why do people buy Penn rods when they first come onto the market?

You don't have to wait too long before they change the range and sell off the old ones at silly money.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why do people buy Penn rods when they first come onto the market?

You don't have to wait too long before they change the range and sell off the old ones at silly money.
Check your facts...

Average range run of a Penn Europe rod was 4 years. Only ever changed a range if it resulted in a better product, and NEVER for the sake of it.

What's the problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts