World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has any one fished :fishing1: Roker pier at Sunderland if so what's it like :fishing: and what bait did you use and whats the best time to fish there. O and is there any parking near the pier?

Regards
Phillip Hall

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Good venue, round end can get very busy as it is the prime cod spot (along with the Barrier which is rough ground). You can park near the base of the pier or if you are worried about your motor park on the main road just before the cafe at the roundabout and walk down.

Just one snag - the pier is closed at present for repairs and there is no eta for when it will re-open (hopefully next month sometime but it is weather dependant).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like anyone else get up and go and try it no good sitting at home fishing is there or fishing same place every week 52 weeks a year theres other places to fish GOODLUCK PMSL
even i " know that makes sense" :doh:
Anlingbuddy;3677581 I no the best this is to go try I'm not stupid

medlar;3677581 I no what Anlingbuddy;3677581 makes sense.
but to you the both of you What's the harm in asking on here what others think of the place? I mean isn’t that what this forum site is for ?????????????????

·
Registered
686 Posts
Think they were just having a joke mate. That is Jimmy's catchphrase also as he always says that lol. There wouldn't have been any dark undertones in their replies as canny lads. As mentioned it has been shut for a long time now but when it opens I can give you loads of advie as look at it from my window and know it like the back of my hand. Just drop me a pm when you see it is open and I will fill you in

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Anlingbuddy;3677581 I no the best this is to go try I'm not stupid

medlar;3677581 I no what Anlingbuddy;3677581 makes sense.
but to you the both of you What's the harm in asking on here what others think of the place? I mean isn’t that what this forum site is for ?????????????????

Think you have the wrong end of the stick mate, wasnt taking the pi$$, go onto any fishing site i am a member of and you will see my cathphrase is " you know it makes sense"
And there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with asking anything on here mate, just crossed wires thats all

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think you have the wrong end of the stick mate, wasnt taking the pi$$, go onto any fishing site i am a member of and you will see my cathphrase is " you know it makes sense"
And there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with asking anything on here mate, just crossed wires thats all
ok mate really sorry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think they were just having a joke mate. That is Jimmy's catchphrase also as he always says that lol. There wouldn't have been any dark undertones in their replies as canny lads. As mentioned it has been shut for a long time now but when it opens I can give you loads of advie as look at it from my window and know it like the back of my hand. Just drop me a pm when you see it is open and I will fill you in
Hi cheers for the heads up I've spoke to jimmy and i think (hope) its sorted now. yeh not sure how to find out if roker pier is open as i never pass it i didnt even no about it till the other day when i seen it on a web forum. look's like a good pier is it? yeh that would be great I'll pm you when its open as long as you dont mind shairing info and tips on the pier. if you like come join use fishing when i say use i mean me and the wifes dad you will be more than welcome same for jimmy and the other fella to. cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cant help with when it opens again but if you go to planet sea fishing theres a good articalabout it on there on how to fish it

·
Registered
686 Posts
No doubt you will see me on there anyway Phil so we probs will meet. The pier is apparently opening start of Oct but that will be weather depending I guess and hopefully no big storms will break it again in the meantime. You could ring the harbour master and he will let you know when it's open

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here is a nice little number you might want to put in your phone for reference.It comes in really handy.

Sunderland City Council..... Resorts Office....0191 5532828.

The lovely gents at the end of that phone will let you know whether Roker pier is open, it pays to give them a call before you pack up the car and start to venture over.

All the lads on here are great and have a vast amount of knowledge about local marks, so do not be affraid to ask questions and if they can help they will. They have helped me out numerous times.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Hi lads when traveling to the pier what sighns do you follow to get there if u live outside sunderland

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts