World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fished a club match on sunday and that was start of my problem. half way through the match i managed to fold one of my 5mt k2:schmoll:. rods not in the tip as even i have expected and heard of happening. nope this bugger went at the joint between the butt and mid section. result of cast midd section poking out of the side of the butt and reinforcing ring bent to buggery. so i am looking for any recomendations of stronger rods.:g:
thanks
dene:schmoll:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paul k2 was fished with a diawa emcast and braid fella and hope your hand getting better fella
dene

·
Registered
208 Posts
well fished a club match on sunday and that was start of my problem. half way through the match i managed to fold one of my 5mt k2:schmoll:. rods not in the tip as even i have expected and heard of happening. nope this bugger went at the joint between the butt and mid section. result of cast midd section poking out of the side of the butt and reinforcing ring bent to buggery. so i am looking for any recomendations of stronger rods.:g:
thanks
dene:schmoll:
Dene....I would give Shakespeare a call....no harm....probably a manufacturing fault....might just give you a brand new rod.....

"If you don't ask...you will never receive"

Nomadfl:g: :secret:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dene....I would give Shakespeare a call....no harm....probably a manufacturing fault....might just give you a brand new rod.....

"If you don't ask...you will never receive"

Nomadfl:g: :secret:
i called keith at east coast tackle hornsea first thing monday morning and dropped the rod off after work as itis not a year old. And he had been in touch with shakespeare a ring and they are sending a new butt section for me. but after it snapped i found myself pulling back on how much power i put into the cast as i didnt want to fold my other k2
thanks
dene

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i called keith at east coast tackle hornsea first thing monday morning and dropped the rod off after work as itis not a year old. And he had been in touch with shakespeare a ring and they are sending a new butt section for me. but after it snapped i found myself pulling back on how much power i put into the cast as i didnt want to fold my other k2
thanks
dene

All rods should have reinforcement on the joints. I wouldn't trust a small metal ring and would reinforce the joints with a whipping.

Iv'e bust a few rods in the past myself. I split a century butt about 2ft down like a banana skin just because I thought I could get away without a whipping. The same applies with reducers in the base of rods, you must reinforce the butt end. :blink:

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
absolute beast of a rod if you can handle the length of it, ive got 1 and im reluctant to use it because ive found it very difficult to handle.
Perhaps the 16' Triplex is an 'absolute beast'. Never cast the 16' Triplex but I have the 14' Triplex and it is very easy to use. Not a rough ground rod though.
Great bite detection.

·
Registered
809 Posts
A mate I work with had the blue metal k2 at 14ft and exactly the same thing happened to his ! and he is not a big caster either. shakespeare replaced it without question but his confidence in the rod is now gone. If you are looking for a more powerful, reliable rod for fixed spool use why not look at the century carbon metal or carbon metal express, these are 13,6 and 14ft respectively and can both be bought rung for fixed spool use.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i phoned east coast tackle today and spoke with keith the owner and my new but section is there so good on shakespear top notch service as to replacment rods gonna have to give that some thought as i use fixed spools with long rods also use multis with some of my other rods so not to stuck as to how a rod is rung
dene

1 - 16 of 16 Posts