World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i will be heading down to cornwall on the 8th or so of august, and was wandering whether there are any campsites within a 12 mile radius or so of falmouth!! also hows the fishing, any giltheads about?
cheers in advance

·
Registered
505 Posts
hi there i will be heading down to cornwall on the 8th or so of august, and was wandering whether there are any campsites within a 12 mile radius or so of falmouth!! also hows the fishing, any giltheads about?
cheers in advance
You can camp up at Stithians Reservoir (fly fishing only..but good) or behind the pub next to it. A good central spot if you intend to fish both North and South coast marks. A really beautiful location, nice and quiet and only a couple of miles from Falmouth.
Sorry can't help with the bream, I'm sure someone will put you right.

All the Breast:sun:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont know where the fella is coming from sending you into Stithians!, tis miles away and a real dive.

Are you booked into campsite now? if not let me know, also I run a boat out of falmouth if you need a trip out.

you are a little late for bream, normally June. Helfod would be worth a go mind:punk:. Let me know ASAP if you want the boat trip.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Pennance mill farm near Maenporth beach isnt bad, 2 minutes drive to 2 different beaches and 5 minutes into town, plus a stunning restaurant (the cove) at maenporth itself...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Dont know where the fella is coming from sending you into Stithians!, tis miles away and a real dive.

Are you booked into campsite now? if not let me know, also I run a boat out of falmouth if you need a trip out.

you are a little late for bream, normally June. Helfod would be worth a go mind:punk:. Let me know ASAP if you want the boat trip.
I'm coming from Camborne mate, and I'd say it was well within robroybasher's remit for travelling. I suggest you read Rob's post and my reply to see WHY I suggested a central area. I'm Just trying to be helpful, I'm not profiteering:nono:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts