World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Says on the label that its made for the UK market so I was wondering if anyone here has fished with it before. I bought a bright yellow spool of 8lb (0.26mm) Monofil and intend to use it on my spinner. Would appreciate any input on its performance. Things like, is it a line that needs to be changed regularly due to poor abrasion/heat resistance etc :g:

Many thanks in advance :yeah:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops... thanks for the info mate. Will make a conscious effort to throw away 10-20 meters after every fishing trip then. Guess I'll have to find some alternatives! Pline is a good line but its pretty costly. Have not seen the F1 or Red Ice around here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i like it mine is still good

cant remember when i got it

but i wash my reel with hot water after use

maybe that why :unsure:

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Its super smooth and supple for casting, but I dont like it so much for fishing as I found it tends to get little nicks in it from shingle rolling over it and if you fluff up a cast and slow it down very quickly it can burn under your thum, it is very similar line to the Black F1.

I grudge using anything other then Suffix Tritainum but only in Red as Ive not found another line that comes anywhere close to it for casting and abraision resistance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the precious input guys! I'm a fixed spool reel user so I guess line burns aren't so much of an issue. I'll be extra careful to wash after use and look out for nicks/abrasion. Will try to get hold of some Berkley Sensation or Sufix Tritanium when I use up the 1850m of Daiwa :laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts