World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum and i am also new to the Banfshire Area, i have driven along most of the coast from buckie to Fraserbrough, and looks like a good few beach marks, but i would also like to get back into boat fishing, any one help me out with any sea angling clubs up this way, i have 2 young lads which are at the right age to get into it as well. Any help would be greatfully recieved.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Bill. In answer to your question about angling clubs in Banff area there is not a lot of choice.

The best one where you are is probably -

Peterhead & Social Sea Angling Club
Hook Line & Sinker
1 Skelton St, Peterhead AB42 1HR
01779 490666

I live in Banff (used to live in Turriff) and there are another couple of clubs but Im not sure if their any good or not.

Banff has it's own shore angling club, of which I was a member, but not a lot happened. It was run by the owner of the Banff tackle shop, Low street, Banff. Incidentally if you are looking for the best tackle shop in the area it is his. In saying that though you are still best with mail order (in my opinion)

Cullen has an angling club, although I dont know a lot about it, but the tackle shop owner there could tell you about it.

If you are looking to get out on a boat in this area you have a few options.

1) The Puffin http://www.puffincruises.com/ runs fishing trips out of Macduff.
2) Buy your own boat or see if one of the locals will give you a trip out.

There is another charter boat http://www.north58.co.uk/ but it doesn't run fishing trips.

If you need any help with marks then you could either ask myself or another user to ask is Ultimatecodfather who is also from Banff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks very much for your help and suggestions, i am familiar with the tackle shop in banff, nice guy and helpfull, i will get in touch with the peterhead club you suggested. This should be good for the kids introduce them nice and easy. There is plenty of ponds around turriff way which would be good for them as well. as i am sure you know, but you cant beat the old sea fishing.

I am often away working but not so much in the near future and i would love to get back into the boat fishing, does any of the local boat guys go in for any compettions at other locations or mostly out to the firth, just curios.

If you know of any of the lads who do a bit of fishing with there own boat and need someone to fill a gap, i would be gratefull if you let them / me know, this applies to anyone who wants to go beach fishing as well, it just looks such a productive coastline, and i am sure there are a few good deep water marks as well.

Again thanks for all the info most appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As far as I'm aware none of the boats in Banff enter into competitions. This also applies to the other harbours that are near. I don't think their are many comps up this way.

Most of the boats in Banff simply fish inshore, going a very maximum of say 6-8 miles around the coastline. I've a small clinker boat in the harbour that I use for Cod (if there is any!) and Mackerel etc. I speak to most of the guys in the harbour, they're a friendly helpful bunch, and they use their boats for the same thing.

I am sure if you got friendly with some of the guys down the harbour that they would only be too happy to give you a trip out.

Im a regular rock/harbour fisher so if you're ever wanting to see some places I'd easy show you. These are places that sometimes hold fish (no promises!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the info, i am currently working in mexico, and i cant even get the rod in the water here, would you bieleve it, anyway i should be home in 2 or three weeks maybe i could post then and we could do some beach fishing if you like, i drove the coast a while ago, and there does seem some likely places, better to go with someone who knows there way around, it's been a while but i am getting hungry again to be back into it. cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts