World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to target some rays at some point over the next couple of weeks and wanted to know if there any decent marks that will throw them up in E. Sussex and Dungeness way? :secret:

Anyt help would be appreciated as I can't afford the time to drive to the likes of Selsey etc. . . .

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Wanting to target some rays at some point over the next couple of weeks and wanted to know if there any decent marks that will throw them up in E. Sussex and Dungeness way? :secret:

Anyt help would be appreciated as I can't afford the time to drive to the likes of Selsey etc. . . .
Simple answer ,no..... Sandwich Bay best bet in your area but most prob. too late

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks Bandit for that. Hounds & Bass it is then!

Next year I'm going to make sure I make time to travel and NOT spend all of my spare time doing up a flat or house!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts

Minnis Bay is chucking them up with regularity, Tom, as well as good numbers of hounds at the moment. Just around the corner from Dungeness. Have a look at the South East forum, there are a few excellent reports there.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
will thanks Rob.

Have looked on multimap but can't find it, any larger landmarks near to locate it?
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...77&spn=0.011839,0.028582&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1

This should do it for you. The South East forum are a very open forum, so if you follow a few of the threads you will find useful information about precise marks, although my understanding of the venue is that the skate and hounds are fairly well distributed. Even as far up as Reculver.
Good luck. I would travel up to have a look with you, but I am out of the uk just now.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks FR.

If I go it'll be the start of June so if your around and can get to T'Wells I'll be driving up there.

I do use the SE forum but the majority of the threads fishing locations are over an hours drive for me and it tends to take up too much time but that will change when our flat is on the market.

I'll pm you if I can find some free time that is more than 4 hrs as I don't see the point in driving for 1hr each way and only fishing for a few hours. I need a 5-6 hour stint at least to satisfy my fishing urges!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Thanks FR.

If I go it'll be the start of June so if your around and can get to T'Wells I'll be driving up there.

I do use the SE forum but the majority of the threads fishing locations are over an hours drive for me and it tends to take up too much time but that will change when our flat is on the market.

I'll pm you if I can find some free time that is more than 4 hrs as I don't see the point in driving for 1hr each way and only fishing for a few hours. I need a 5-6 hour stint at least to satisfy my fishing urges!
My kind of session. In fact, I reckon your not really fishing unless you do one cycle of tide........

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
especially if it's a venue you haven't fished before and don't know when it fishes best.

I presume you have rod and reel where you are, if so any fish yet?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
especially if it's a venue you haven't fished before and don't know when it fishes best.

I presume you have rod and reel where you are, if so any fish yet?
Unfortunately not. Its not so much the tackle, as the red tape involved with the licence where I am. I actually have to become resident in the country, and take a test. I am looking at ways around it, as I will be here for much of July, and there are some enormous catfish in one particular river, that I would like to get a bit closer to.......

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah so I take it your visiting your wifes relatives.

Taking a test to get a rod licence would be a good idea for some people over here!

Good luck sorting out fishing for the cat beasts and I'll see what I can sort out for June.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts