World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any sloe being coaught in the portsmouth hayling gosprt et5c areas???

·
Registered
58 Posts
im not sure mate but im going to try this saturday at hayling or eastney.. then off in the boat sunday with the old man to see what we can get
good luck on the sole

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dont know if anyone saw in the News this week, Stamshaw Lake AC had a few decent Sole in their in-harbour boat comp recently. Looks like they might be around...

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh yes i caught a glimpse at it i thought it was past casting distance tho.... ina boat and all that

thanks for the replies tho think im guna have to go see whats about

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm gonna have a crack down Clarence Beach tomorrow night, might be a tad early but worth a try who knows? on the Old Portsmouth side of the Pier, I dont fancy losing tackle on the hovercraft side :wallbash:

·
Registered
872 Posts
clarence/haslar is the only spotts i would try..eastney gets lucky every now and then!!!

LOW tides the key around hear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i know my dad has caught sole at eastney at night got are favourite little spot down there

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
jwhizz speak to your brother hes fished clarence a few times already in the last few weeks. hes upto date on that venue, brotherly love and all that lol, im sure hell tell you his secret little marks

·
Registered
867 Posts
Does Eastney have a reputation for sole?
The biggest Sole I've seen caught at at Eastney went 3lb 7oz... came up just left of the blocks and was caught by accident on a cod bait and 4/0 hooks!... also seen a 2lb 12oz one from the bus shelter area... so they do get caught along there at times, but are generally very few and far between... you'd put in quite a few hours trying to find one along that stretch, a bit like plaice fishing but worse!

Clarence Beach end is more reliable for Sole... when they are about.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
The biggest Sole I've seen caught at at Eastney went 3lb 7oz... came up just left of the blocks and was caught by accident on a cod bait and 4/0 hooks!... also seen a 2lb 12oz one from the bus shelter area... so they do get caught along there at times, but are generally very few and far between... you'd put in quite a few hours trying to find one along that stretch, a bit like plaice fishing but worse!

Clarence Beach end is more reliable for Sole... when they are about.
I'm not sure if even my patience would jhold for a campaign that see's less action than an Eastney spring of plaice fishing!! Maybe I can pick you up on the way when the time is right for further west!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm not sure if even my patience would jhold for a campaign that see's less action than an Eastney spring of plaice fishing!! Maybe I can pick you up on the way when the time is right for further west!!
Rob, that would be good... usually start my Sole campaign during September... but I did manage my first one of the year during the ISAC match at Hillhead last week, which aroused my interest... all 9oz of it!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Rob, that would be good... usually start my Sole campaign during September... but I did manage my first one of the year during the ISAC match at Hillhead last week, which aroused my interest... all 9oz of it!
Excellent. September is scarily close and picking up speed. Could you also text me your mobile number cos I messed up when transfering all to my new phone!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
about the distance question...cast too far ad your blank!!!

30 to 60 yrds seemed the best distance.... lights off... and wait .
fish from low ...3 or so hours upthen home !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts