World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not heard of any at deal yet, tend to be a bit later here than dungie and the like with mid summer being best. Even with everything being early I still think its going to be another 3 or 4 weeks.
DaveA

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't done a dedicated sole fish before I hear walmer is quite good, anybody recommend a spot?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Dungy is good and the surrounding beaches, check out the dungeness angling webiste for updates of what is showing in the power station screens.. . . . . good luck

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
walmer's been better than dungie and sandown for last couple of years. i oprefer to fish the bandstand for the smaller fish or boundary road for the bigger fish,

i can't wait for then to show either the freezers getting full with smelly lug and rag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We fished Walmer on sunday, fog all day but the sea was quite flat and was a really good session. Started fishing at 4 hours before high water (13:30ish) and fished up till 17:00. Caught two small bass in the very first cast, then 5 minutes later the soles arrived along with the dogfish.

I dont know what was going on, but if it wasnt a dogfish it was a sole being reeled in and it didnt seem to matter if you cast out 20 yards, 40 yards or even 80+ yards all distances were catching at our usual spot.

My mate came along in the afternoon and fished for the first time on the beach - he happened to catch the best sole of the day at just on a 1lb (35cm) so hes now hooked :) and mine was just under a 1lb.

All in all between the better half, myself and my mate we caught 18 dogfish, 2 schoolie bass, 1 silver eel (bootlace), 1 pout and 7 sole. Quite possibly our best day of 2007 so far for quantities.

I'll try get some of the pictures posted up for those of you who wish to see.
Bait was squid, lug and ragworms. Found that the squid didnt do much, the lug caught all fish, but the ragworms seemed to sort out the bigger soles.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
thats mad. the sole shouldn't be here yet. everything's gone a*se about face this year.

i'm sure me and dave would appreciate the location you were fishing. LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tried Walmer on Saturday, what a waste of time, nice venue, but not a single bite. Current very strong and a touch windy. Not sure if i'll try it again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts