World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing for the best part of 20 years on and off and absolutely love it and having a few mates who were up for doing a bit here and there so the fact I dont drive didn't really matter. I could always find a way to get out and get my fishing fix. Also having Southampton water on my doorstep Ive spent a hell of a lot of my time the past few years preoccupied with catching a double figure bass which I managed to get and was lucky enough to beat my pb several times. Problem is id love to be able to fish some of the other brilliant marks we have around the south more regularly and need someone who's fishing mad like me to share transport with and fuel, bait costs ect.

regards Paul.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in fleet which is at best an hour from the coast. If I ever fish down that way ill let you know. For example if I was to go to lepe then you're not much of a diversion?
thanks really appreciate the offer. i live just off the m27 near Netley/Bursledon so fairly easy to get to. I'm always up for a sesh so would be great if you could bare me in mind if you do get down this way.
cheers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Similar situation for me bud, I am based at fareham and most of my mates packed it in. I do drive so next time i am out i'll send you a pm. Most of my fishing is for particular species so I dont tend to go out scratching. Weather is putting most of my plans on hold at he moment but as soon as we get a window you are welcome to join me. Mostly fish weekends though as I start work at 6am. I am looking for a regular buddy to team up with if thats something you are interested in.

G

·
Hi Paul , next time I'm your way ,il grab you ,think I've seen you in town live baiting for bass,few years ago , as there's only place for that in town ,lol, think I need a new drop net mate !!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Similar situation for me bud, I am based at fareham and most of my mates packed it in. I do drive so next time i am out i'll send you a pm. Most of my fishing is for particular species so I dont tend to go out scratching. Weather is putting most of my plans on hold at he moment but as soon as we get a window you are welcome to join me. Mostly fish weekends though as I start work at 6am. I am looking for a regular buddy to team up with if thats something you are interested in.
cheer for the offer that's brilliant. most of the lads I fish with are fair weather fishermen who are happy to fish the odd night every month or so and not really interested in going to far a field in search of certain species. we're as I'm up for putting the effort and hours in to learn as much as I can. weekends suit me to as I'm up for work same time myself.
much appreciated paul

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Paul , next time I'm your way ,il grab you ,think I've seen you in town live baiting for bass,few years ago , as there's only place for that in town ,lol, think I need a new drop net mate !!!
hi kev
I've definitely spent way to much time there according to my missus. love the place and have had some brilliant fishing there. would be a pleasure to fish with anyone who's as keen as me appreciated mate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
hi paul it s paul (yettie) im local to you very local in fact -staplehurst close im out fishing prob 2-3 times a month weekends when im not working be happy to pick u up for fishing trips

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi paul it s paul (yettie) im local to you very local in fact -staplehurst close im out fishing prob 2-3 times a month weekends when im not working be happy to pick u up for fishing trips
hi Paul thanks a lot for the offer I live by millers pond on middle Rd would be great to tag along with you mate.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm totally surprised at how many offers I've had to join other wsf members on there fishing trips since posting. what a great bunch of lads just goes to show there are some genuinely nice people out there. thanks a lot chaps I look forward to wetting a line with you.

regards paul

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
Hi Paul. I live in Aldershot, so I'm practically neighbours to 'I hate whiting' and similarly not local to you. But should I find myself heading to your part of the coast, there's passenger and gear space in my van.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Off topic but when I was disqualified from driving 8 years ago hell broke loose about not being able to drive to the coast. So I posted a thread on the wsf south coast looking for nutters just like you....and ended meeting a couple of nice South African fellow living nearby I live in London suburb who took me fishing and I showed them the ropes on my marks. We're now best friends although they have since move back home last year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well I live right by jct 5 near Eastleigh so could give you a shout when I'm heading out, in fact if things don't go wrong I'm going to a comp on Weston Shore this Saturday if you fancy tagging along?
Paul (oh oh another Paul, this could get confusing) LOL

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm nowhere near mate or I'd be glad to help. Good luck...they're a good bunch on here. Just felt the need to contribute cos I'm a Paul as well ;-)

Reactions: p smokey

·
Registered
278 Posts
hi paul im fishing down near brown down, western gate entrance on saturday for a day session getting there about 9.30am till about 4pm ish if you fancie a session let me know and ill pick you up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts