World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Last time I fished down there at this time of year there were loads of massive ones around the wreck of The Hood. Some were 3 ft long! Just make sure you hold on tight if you get one, we would not want to hear that you had been pulled over the side by one of these:uhuh:

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last time I fished down there at this time of year there were loads of massive ones around the wreck of The Hood. Some were 3 ft long! Just make sure you hold on tight if you get one, we would not want to hear that you had been pulled over the side by one of these:uhuh:
Jeez a few of those would keep you in cod baits for a while! Will have a try by the hood if we get some decent weather.

Might be worth a try at night using squid jigs and some big glowsticks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not tried for any this year yet, but the charters are stopping on the usual marks just outside Weymouth Harbour each evening for their usual squid session so I guess they are about. The other good spot is the north entrance to Portland Harbour. Mind you I think they are usually all over the bay when they are in shore.

Steve

G

·
Or shine a powerful spotlight into the water. That is what they seem to do commercially for them in Mexico etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts