World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to go out tonight for high (about midnight), and we want to target Bass and Mackeral and are heading towards Swansea (from Bridgend). Can anyone suggest a mark that we can have a good crack at? Tight Lines

·
Registered
41 Posts
you could try off llangland, there has been good bass caught of the Rocks but i have never fished there, i guess there must be macky of there to.... i heard the best place for macky at the moment is of the Swansea west pier... hope that will help you!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could try off llangland, there has been good bass caught of the Rocks but i have never fished there, i guess there must be macky of there to.... i heard the best place for macky at the moment is of the Swansea west pier... hope that will help you!
Thanks for the info, where is Swansea west pier?

OK just found it, can you fish it over high water?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ye thats no problem, u are better of fishign the sea side for bass and the marina side for macky, apparantly they have been coming off there in huge numbers, cheack the forum and one guy saw 30-40 people walking off there with bag full's .....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there somewhere to park? And is anyone going there tonight? (Swansea West Pier)

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can park by rogers tackle shop, do you now where that is?
im going to the deeps tonite, but there is allways lods of people down there, but u want to try and get to the bottom of the pier, but if not there fish up the pier where the surf is on the beach side, you are more likally to pick up a bass there, its like fishing a surf there of the beach but ur on a pier...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can park by rogers tackle shop, do you now where that is?
im going to the deeps tonite, but there is allways lods of people down there, but u want to try and get to the bottom of the pier, but if not there fish up the pier where the surf is on the beach side, you are more likally to pick up a bass there, its like fishing a surf there of the beach but ur on a pier...
I found rogers on maps, cheers for the info, will try it tonight.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hows it going mate it was me who seen the other anglers coming off there with loads of mackies,as for the bass mate i havent seen or heard of any coming off there but another possibility is the jack stones in potr talbot there should be bass down there try a joey mackie ive seen bass caught down there on joes (obviousley they have to be alive on about 2 foot from the edge hope this helps nudge 08:punk::punk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts