World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two piece 12ft beachcaster is well and truly stuck together! The spigot is in the butt end. I tried twisting it apart this morning till my hands started to burn. I'm going to get a pair of rubber gloves on the way home which should give me a better grip and save my hands a bit and have another go but does anyone know a special trick?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lucky,

Have a word with Fred, he has the answer.

He had a problem with his rod and contacted Daiwa. They told him how to do it and it worked first time.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Drew - I've just sent a PM to fred. I rang Greys this morning myself and it was them who suggested the rubber washing up gloves. They said it was most probably a bit of moisture on the spigot that has now caused a vacuum making the rod difficult to pull apart.

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
Hi Lucky Try pouring hot water over the joint out of the kettle (NOT BOILING THOUGH) and get a mate to hold one end and slowly try puliing while twisting this has worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
dont do what i did,,and take it in the garden and swing it around and around holding it by the top eye,hopeing the butt end will fly out... :eek:

If you have an enclosed garden,,this can be very Frought with danger,,things like windows,neighbours,conservatories etc,,,well,,they become quite tempting targets for a flying bottom half of a rod.. :rolleyes:

Teehee

·
Registered
235 Posts
:)
marcus said:
dont do what i did,,and take it in the garden and swing it around and around holding it by the top eye,hopeing the butt end will fly out... :eek:

If you have an enclosed garden,,this can be very Frought with danger,,things like windows,neighbours,conservatories etc,,,well,,they become quite tempting targets for a flying bottom half of a rod.. :rolleyes:

Teehee
Marcus you are totaly mad mate is there any hope for you?:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
just hold it over a kettle on the boil and run the section thru the steam a little, best done with 2 people each twisting the rod a little.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - done it. Fred's pull & twist approach worked a treat albeit after several buckets of sweat had been shed. Problem was moisture on the spigot which had formed a vacuum seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts